Busking Roberta Flack

sws626

Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Killing Me Softly

Just for fun.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tombo1230

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:20 pm

Someone has been busy. :) I love the way you get totally lost in the song! This is what it's all about really. B)

I think that anyone watching this video who plays guitar and sings, should aim to be as relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera as you are.

A real lesson in just letting go and enjoying it all, well done! (Errol) :)

Tom N.

daryl

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Stuart, That was really well done. Heartfelt. Very nice. Glad to see you uploading again.

BobR

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi Stuart or is it Errol now :laugh:

Just for fun and I had fun listening, nicely done.

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Nice job Stuart, nice to hear that Cat Stevens voice again!

cosmicmechanic

Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Stuart,
... a few "firsts" here ...

Roberta Flack's first album (with this song) was the very first to penetrate our MEDIEVAL household, when it came out in the early 70's.
It was my older brother's first album purchase, along with the first sound system he had busted his butt to earn.

And so, first album I got to enjoy at home ... or learn to ... kinda "quiet" !!

LOVED it then, and guess what ? You sure are having fun with it, damn love it still !

A warm and appreciated post !
Pierre

jcrocket

Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:41 am

Ever since hearing Corina, Vanessa and Neil's beautiful rendition of "Killing Me Softly" at IGC 2015, this song has been at the top of my bucket list for our trio. Here we are playing it at our last gig (no violin on this song) - it's a work in process, we (I) have some ongoing tempo issues with it, but it seems to go over well.

Thanks
Jeff

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

crieniecat

Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:59 am

I have always loved this song, yet hadn't sang it for many years until the summer of 2015,
when CCNess got together for the first time at Chris his place in Switzerland.
We were swimming and having a nice picknick at the lake where we sang and played several songs together... such fun!

Jeff it's really nice to see all this footage of your band!
Looking forward seeing you at IGC 2016.

Cheers
Corina.

familyman4

Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:06 pm

Hey Jeff,
I enjoyed listening to this version so much that decided to learn it tonight. (Obviously, it really needs a ladies voice to sing it properly and to tell the story,) I have a female friend that sings very well and I'll get her to sing it with me....

I also remember the video of when it was played and sang at last years camp. Wonderful!

Anyway, thanks again for posting these video's! I really enjoy watching you guys and it appears that you're having a blast out gigging!

Bart

jayswett

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Stuart,
Great to see you again. Really well done.
Jay

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic