Busking TG Original Collaborations

michelew

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:18 am

What is song writing? Where does it start?

Well here is a Totally Guitars original collaboration. It’s an original song that started life as an open G noodle that MarkM had to get out of his head. It grew into a beautiful passage that he posted which absolutely charmed many of us. That inspired Daryl who issue a challenged to add to it... which inspired me to write some lyrics and a melody, which together with Mark’s beautiful playing inspired Nessa to compose a gorgeously swelling ocean of supporting music to carry the emotion and glue it all together.

There have been a few original TG songs, but I don’t remember another full song coming together in this way.

I hope you like it. I suggest you listen to it with headphones to get the full effect.

Oh Sweet Ones (Words and music by Mark, Vanessa and Michele)

Hey sweet ones, how I’ve missed you so much, I’d love to be with you right now.
Oh little ones, how I long for your hugs and to be there for you somehow.

Your smiles and sweet ways, the lights in your face,
Your rumbles and charms, holding you in my arms,
Little ones. 

Oh sweet one, how you fill up my heart, how you cheer up my day with your song,
Oh sweet one, how you lift me above all the sadness when things feel so wrong.

Your smile and sweet ways, the light in your face,
Your strength and soft heart, there’s so much that I love,
Oh sweet one.

Sometimes we try to live life in the light and find things don’t work out, don't turn out quite right.
Sometimes we work ‘til our bodies they hurt, break our backs toiling hard, for nothing but barbs.

[Bridge - instrumental]

Oh sweet ones, let me help pick you up and be there for you just as you need.
Oh sweet ones, let me help ease your hearts and bring light to those sweet eyes once more.

Your smiles and sweet ways, the light in your face,
Your big loving hearts, how you do make me laugh,
Oh sweet ones.

Sometimes you fall, but then don't we all.
That's the way that life is, the way that life is.
Sometimes we hurt, drop down in the dirt.
That's the way life can feel, it can just make you reel.

Your mad crazy ways, the light in your face,
Your sweet laughing eyes, your voice like sunshine,
All I love.

Oh sweet ones, how I miss you so much, know I hold you in my heart.

daryl

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:29 am

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! That was fantastic. Moving music. Moving lyrics. Moving singing. Lovely little instrumental break. GREAT great job. Very impressive. Talk about meeting the challenge!

coomba

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:42 am

Bravo Bravo Bravo

Lots of work and lots of talent, congratulations to you all on a fantastic performance.

Cheers
Scott

tombo1230

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:12 am

Well done to everyone. A very lovely and creative collaboration, with lots of talent on show. It must be very satisfying to have contributed and to watch and see your labours come together so brilliantly in this masterpiece. Well done folks! B) :)

What are you naming the group? :)

Tom N.

haoli25

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:44 am

Simply beautiful. Just what the song needed was a "Ladies Touch". BRAVO Mark, Shel, and Nessa.

Bill Image

dekotaj

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:21 am

LOVED IT FOLKS!!!!!!!!!
Hey Sis, Great lyrics.You play every instrument you get your hands on.And a composer also,damn girl what talent.

Miss Nessa.Seem like every thing you touch is a little sweeter after you embrace it.BRAVO!!!

Mark.I new if a guy could learn to play the guitar well he would be surrounded by beautiful woman.And I was right!!!!
Nice song sir.

Kev.
PS Sis I loved the eyebrow thing.Kinda getting into it there huh.

MarkM

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:22 am

Wow!! Well ladies I really am at a loss for words this morning. I've listened to this now several times and am just blown away by what you've both accomplished wiith this simple little chord progression. Michelle your lyrics are wonderful and your voice has never sounded better. It rings with such purity (for lack of a better word). Maybe love would be a better word. Just great Michelle. Ness, what a great accompanying piece of music. Just brilliant!! I'm real curious as to your process in coming up with it. I really liked what you both did with the two minor sections of the song...

Sometimes we try to live life in the light and find things don’t work out, don't turn out quite right.
Sometimes we work ‘til our bodies they hurt, break our backs toiling hard, for nothing but barbs"

I wasn't sure I was going to keep those sections in as they really diverted to the feel of the rest of the music but in the end I couldn't take them out. You really filled that space in a fantastic way. The lyrics really pull on the emotions of those notes. You should both be very proud of your efforts here. Really amazing work in such a short amount of time. I'M proud to just be apart of it. Thanks for a great start to the morning.

MarkM

Music Junkie

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 am

That was amazing. Not only beautiful, but very moving as well.... :)

Shel: Young lady, you pulled of the singing with grace and style, and your little instrumental was spot on. I wish I could hear things in my head like that and translate them into something real. I admire that very much.... ;)

Ness: O.K. miss music....... I am going to find a way to siphon off some of your talent, as it is just not fair that you have so much... After all this time, I still have to chuckle inside when I see that famous smile break out in the middle of a song... Beautiful job. :)

Mark: Did you ever dream that your little noodle would come so far? Nice job dude!. I find little noodles from time to time, but can never expand them into something complete such as you did. Yet something else to admire... B)

Only here at TG...... B) ;) B) ;)

Jason

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:09 am

Wow! This sound great... and I haven't even heard it yet... I'm going to save it for home viewing/listening with headphones as suggested. But both my thumbs are indicating skywards (to borrow a quaint Willemism ;-)

daryl

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:55 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Wow! This sound great... and I haven't even heard it yet... I'm going to save it for home viewing/listening with headphones as suggested. But both my thumbs are indicating skywards (to borrow a quaint Willemism ;-)
Hurry home Chris. It really is something special!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic