Busking TG Original Collaborations

Craig

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:00 am

A big WOW to all of you! I'm blown away but what you have done here. Congratulations to all of you. You have written a beautiful song. Simply wonderful!

Craig

suziko

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 am

Blown away is right!! Oh my gosh- I'm almost speechless. Shel..... these lyrics are so poignant and moving. And I LOVE the way you sing it. Your voice has never sounded better and your feelings come through in every line. And your instrumental break was perfect. Spare yet effective and really nicely played. Ness, your keys added just the right amount of swelling emotion to the song. You kept it understated yet supported the mood of the song throughout. Perfectly done. And Mark- well, your guitar accompaniment is the backbone of the song, what supports the entire thing and holds it up from beginning to end. It's almost like the musical embodiment of Shel's theme of support!

I am so impressed by this performance and proud of you all!!!

MAJORLY well-done, guys!!!

Suzi

dennisg

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:35 am

I wish I'd gotten in here a little before Suzi, because she said exactly what I feel about this wonderful effort.

First and foremost ... Shel: your lyrics are absolutely gorgeous, and some day you need to share this video with those who you were thinking of when you wrote the lyrics. It would be a great gift to them. I so much feel that this is the best singing performance I've heard from you. Not sure if it's because you didn't have to play an instrument simultaneously or because the song is right in your key or because the lyrics are so personal and intimate. Maybe it's none of those things or all of them. Whatever, I'm so proud of the job you did.

In the category of "less is more," you guys added just the right amount of instrumental accompaniment. It seemed at once restrained yet heartfelt. Congratulations to both of you, Mark and Vanessa. And thanks for encouraging Shel to shine. We never get enough of her.

willem

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:48 am

SPEECHLESS..it touched my heart..

Yes Chris,,both thumbs..skyhigh.

Willem

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:32 pm

How wonderful!

You brought tears to my eyes within the first 20 seconds Shel and Mark. The blend of picking, lyrics and vocals had me from the get-go. Beautiful. Everything rounded out with Ness' subtle keys and the charming nylon string break. I swear I'd recognise your playing in a dark room any time Mark and this was really lovely too. And how beautifully did you sing that Shel?! Just lovely. This has been one of those unique TG moments. Well done all three! Alessandra says ditto!

abiliog

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Wonderful. Soon as the song begun, you went straight to my heart with this melody. You have created beauty,
Congratulations to all of you, love it.
Abilio

ffsooo3

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:30 pm

Well what can I say.........I am SOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you Shel.....you did a beautiful and just fantastic job on this song and it was an honour to be part of it. When practicing this, it choked me up a few times as well. The lyrics and melody are just so moving and touching....what an AWESOME job!!!!!!!!

I absolutely agree with some of the comments in here about the music being subtle, that was definitely the idea, 'Let Shel shine'. She did the mix herself, send me three of four different takes, I kept asking her to take down the volume, haha :laugh:! Eventually I chose the 'quietest', if it was up to her, she'd hide behind the music, thank god she didn't, cause how BEAUTIFUL did she sing this?????! %#@^%@$@%#!! :P

Mark, thanks so much for being the backbone of this song, I loved it the first time I heard it and it was so nice to work further on that, quite a noodle eh???! B) ;)

Thanks all for your sweet and generous comments, they're heartwarming!! :kiss:

Ness

skaladar

Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:14 pm

God, I love this place.

Where else but here could we see a challenge evolve a solid noodle, a haunting melody, blissful lyrics and a perfect accompaniment into a collaboration done from three points spanning the globe in two short weeks? It’s almost beyond my comprehension save the fact that I am consistently amazed by the amount talent, determination and spirit of the TG members.

Needless to say, I echo everyone’s praises on a performance well done all the way around. If this effort doesn't hit home and move anyone who sees it, said person should have their pulse checked for signs of life.

My hat goes off to all three of you with a special nod to Shel for a particularly outstanding contribution. You’re an inspiration to us all.

Thanks for sharing,

♫ Ken ♫

wrench

Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:49 pm

I don't thtink I can say anything that someone else didn't already say, but I want you all to know I said it too. It just so happens I am watching this holding my new baby grandson. What piercing lyrics.

An absolutely beautiful, beautiful piece by folks on the journey that is TG. You really raised the bar this time Michele.

BobR

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Kudos to you all. That was just so beautiful. What a collaboration!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic