Collaboration of "All My Loving"

daryl

Sat May 04, 2013 8:04 am

This was a very fun collaboration. Michele is top notch. Michele wanted to do a collaboration with her playing bass. I suggested this song with the idea for us to play rhythm, bass, and lead against Julia’s vocals. We ended up with a video that also has Michele playing ukelele and singing 3-part backing harmonies as well as bass! We almost threw in a tambourine track (by Michele) but ended up leaving it out.

We thought about uploading the video to Busking the Beatles, or Busking Love Songs, or Bass Lines, or Lead Solos, or Ukelele Songs, but we were concerned that some might not look at the older threads. So we decided we should upload it to it’s own Collaboration thread as it really isn’t a busking sort of performance.

Anyway, we hope you enjoy it.....

jayswett

Sat May 04, 2013 8:45 am

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Michele becoming talented with so many instruments over years has been fun to watch. I am not familiar with Julia. Is she a TG member? Regardless, she's great.

neverfoundthetime

Sat May 04, 2013 9:36 am

Great fun and very nice to listen to guys! Way to go. I love these collaborations.
I'm assuming that Julia is not aware that she is involved in this collab, right Daryl :-)?

Nice guitar work Daryl, as always and very nice bass and backing vocals Shel!

Pizza and Karma points all round ;-)

Edit: Er and nice Yuke to Shel...sheesh!

BobR

Sat May 04, 2013 9:50 am

Daryl, Michele, Julia,

It's always nice to see another collaboration. You all did a great job.

Thanks for sharing this

sbutler

Sat May 04, 2013 11:04 am

Great job guys. That julia is a rocker. Really fun to watch.

Music Junkie

Sat May 04, 2013 11:56 am

These collaborations are always so much fun to watch and listen to. Daryl, Michele, Julia.... All of you are very talented. Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us. One of these days, I am going to have to learn how to mix like that. Such a neat process and a beautiful end result.

I am with Chris, Kudos and pizza points all around... ;)

Jason

michelew

Sat May 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Jay, Chris, Bob, Scott and Jason,

Thanks SO much for all the sweet words guys. This was a fun project to get involved in. You may not have been able to tell how much fun we were having from Daryl's and my expressions while playing, my bass face in particular. Those cameras still play havoc with my guitar face. There were other takes with smiles and other crazy appropriate expressions for this song, but due to technical issues and that the bass track uploaded had the best playing on it, they hit the cutting room floor. I have to agree that Julia is a kookie powerhouse of fun. It's a good thing we had her on our side to express the fun we were having "on the inside" as Daryl put it to me. :P

A HUGE thanks to my collaboration buddy Daryl. I particularly like his lead work on this. Thanks Daryl for your mountain of editing work, your patience with my tambourine experiment and suggestions and just rising to the challenge as you so often do.

On the tambourine track, I was trying to emulate the cymbal that is played throughout the original and then I broke into a different rhythm for the chorus. It was fun and sort of worked...sort of. But, then...well I kept getting the feeling that I was about to be run down by Santa and his sleigh. :) It was more jingle bells than swing cymbal. :) Now I just need to find a cool song that I can get crazy with my tambourine on.

Thanks again.

Shel

AcousticAl

Sat May 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Very impressive guys! Excellent playing and mixing.

Loved all the different instruments throughout as well.

willem

Sun May 05, 2013 3:53 am

Pro's,,,,Shell buy an egg/shaker,,,

Sweeeeet thx

Willem

michelew

Sun May 05, 2013 7:27 am

willem wrote:
,,Shell buy an egg/shaker,,,
Haha! :) :) :) I LOVE your thinking Willem. I've been thinking that myself. I must start collecting more percussion instruments. The little ones will be easier on the shrinking capacity of my music room too. :)

Actually I saw Jason Mraz in concert recently. WOW! So cool. And his percussionist and woman of many talents Mona Tavakoli was a blur of groove activity; bells on her legs, surrounded by bongos and hand drums of many varieties, sitting on a Cajon drum, ... Surrounded by so many pieces of percussion and often playing with all of her limbs and a tambourine with her feet. WOW! Now THAT was AWESOME and looked like so much fun. I love it. :)

Al - thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic