Collaboration of "All My Loving"

Craig

Sun May 05, 2013 12:52 pm

That was a lot of fun! Very nice work! Michelle, you are impressing the heck out of me. You keep learning new instruments and I'm still struggling with one! When does the Daryl and Michelle show go on the road?

Craig

tombo1230

Sun May 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Great stuff folks. Very entertaining. Daryl that must be some kind of TG record for PIP's? :) (Picture in picture) to those who don't edit.)

Michelle I think you need to contribute more to your collaborations :P LOL! Just kidding ;) Is there anything else you can play that we don't know about?

Lots of hard work here, well done! The girl singing (Julia) was also great.

Tom N.

tombo1230

Mon May 06, 2013 2:44 am

Now thát made me REALLY smile áll the way through!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

That was just véry cool bassplaying B) !! Absolutely loved your 'oooooh's' Shel, especially the 'I'm having fun expressions', sooooooo cute! ;) Add on top of that the yuke and you've turned into a multi-instrumentalist, how cool!! :) :) :) :)

Great work Daryl, as usual the very solid playing of course, but also editing the video which was just so enjoyable to watch!!

SuperCollab!!! :cheer:

Ness

michelew

Mon May 06, 2013 4:15 am

WHAT a bunch of sweeties! Thank you.

Craig - thanks - the term quality not quantity keeps ringing in my head. I'm having fun, but I can't say I feel proficient on anything I play, perhaps I would feel most so if I focused on one. But I'm having fun. So I'm sticking with the multi-instruments journey. I bet you'd find the uke and bass easier than you think. They're all variations on what you already know.

Tom - I can whistle and I'm good at slapping knees, tables and steering wheels (read I like to rather than it's musical :) ) do they count? And I'm sure you're right about the number of PIPs. He sure worked his tech know how on this one.

Nessa - well aren't you just the sweetest! :) :kiss: :blush: you've just made my evening and put a big grin on my face. Coming from you it's definitely music to my ears (eyes). Well you inspired me to try other instruments, especially the bass (and others), so if I'm a multi-instrumentalist it's ALL your fault. :)

Thanks

M

daryl

Mon May 06, 2013 5:56 am

Thank you all for all the kind words. Like I said initially, it was a fun collaboration and Michele is great to work (and play) with. I hope she and I can get together and do another one. BTW Michele also plays piano!

michelew

Mon May 06, 2013 6:12 am

daryl wrote:
...BTW Michele also plays piano!
Haha! I WISH I played the piano. :P I own a keyboard and I can play a few block chords, but I only PLAY the piano in my dreams. One day... Nessa - now that's a woman who can PLAY the piano...or any other instrument she gets her hands on. B) ahhh... But you've all seen that phenomenon.

Catman

Mon May 06, 2013 6:52 am

A great big "WOW" to all.

And Shel, I totally agree with Nessa's comment on your bass playing.

-David

dekotaj

Mon May 06, 2013 10:01 am

WOW,Great song.

Daryl,I remember you doing this song with Julia.I did not go back and look to see,But did you do a new arrangement.Or did Miss Michele add the Bass and vocals over you other arrangement.Not that it matters just wondering???

Damn Sis,another great performance.Just loved the bass lines you were playing.And singing 3-part backing harmonies.WOW!!!!!

Bravo Folks!!
Kev

daryl

Mon May 06, 2013 11:09 am

dekotaj wrote:
WOW,Great song.

Daryl,I remember you doing this song with Julia.I did not go back and look to see,But did you do a new arrangement.Or did Miss Michele add the Bass and vocals over you other arrangement.Not that it matters just wondering???

Damn Sis,another great performance.Just loved the bass lines you were playing.And singing 3-part backing harmonies.WOW!!!!!

Bravo Folks!!
Kev
Good memory there old man! Here's Julia's original video:

If you notice there is no solo break in her video.

Here's the video some joker called ffsooo3 did almost 3 years ago!

Again no solo break and it was before the cool Hofner-like bass guitar.

So, Michele and I redid the whole thing, where I edited Julia's original video to get the solo in.

dennisg

Mon May 06, 2013 1:30 pm

This is, without a doubt, the most enjoyable collaboration I've seen on this site. Kudos to you all for the wonderful work.

First ... holy crap, Shel, I can't believe how your bass playing has evolved. Just fantastic! And I love your vocal harmonies.

Daryl: your multi-part guitar playing is spot on and perfect (as it always is). I have nothing but admiration for how you play.

Julia: I can't believe the voice that comes out of you. You look 12 years old, yet have a gorgeous and mature voice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic