Souvenirs a collaboration on a Dan Fogelberg song

jayswett

Sun May 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Wow. Very nicely done.

tombo1230

Sun May 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Very nice collaboration guys and gal. This is a new tune to me.

Well done! :)

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 06, 2013 7:26 am

Many thanks for the kind responses Bart, Dermot, Shel, Al, Willem, Craig, Bob, Jay and Tom.

If only Ale would let me film her, that would improve the gallery on the wall Dermot, eh? :-) ! I will keep trying.

I'm glad Kev asked me to work on this as it was a new song to me too and not an easy one to get to grips with at first... but its all around my head since I recorded it and I really like it... but can only hear all the bits I could improve on now!

Thanks for tuning in and commenting folks!

Music Junkie

Mon May 06, 2013 9:10 am

Chris, Ale, Daryl, Kevin: What a beautiful job. Dan had so many great songs. I am still waiting patiently for Chris to post a cover of "The Innocent Age"... ;)

You all complimented each other very well. Wonderful collaboration!

Jason

dekotaj

Mon May 06, 2013 10:06 am

Thanks everyone!

Its a real joy to get to do these collaborations with the great people I've come to no over the years.So many thanks to Chris,Daryl and Miss Ale.

And thank you all for taking time to watch and hopefully enjoy,as I did working with such talent.

Best to you all
Kev

dennisg

Mon May 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Wow, you guys just make it look so easy! I loved everything you guys did. Kev, the guitar playing was just superb. Daryl, you're a human metronome on the bass, and I appreciate what you do. And, Chris, this song is right in your wheelhouse -- you sounded just great. I can't imagine Dan Fogelberg singing it an octave higher. I tried it while you were singing, and I had to falsetto it to get there.

Anyway, bravo on a brilliant collaboration.

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Many thanks for listening in MJ and Dennis. Surprisingly it was in my wheelhouse but only dropped down... God knows how DF managed to sing these songs the way he does! As always, his lyrics are like poetry. Kev, the pleasure is always mine!

cosmicmechanic

Wed May 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Kevin, Ale, Daryl, Chris (in alternating order of continents)

The only times I've gone and looked up Dan Fogelberg songs is when they have popped up in these forum collaborations.
I then remember why that is ... they are great tunes, but DF's production is too slick for my taste.

You all did a great job on this ... so much that I found the original version disappointing.

This thing really gelled ... better than the original, feels downright human !

Pierre

dekotaj

Thu May 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Hey Pierre.

Thank you sir.I'm glad you liked it.Yes we all have different music taste.That's the great thing about music that I love so much. Always a song out there for everyone.No matter the artist.

Be good my friend
Kev

neverfoundthetime

Thu May 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Thanks Pierre... better than the original is a thought I have often had here on other people's videosso its a great compliment to hear it from you.

PS: Miss Ale was shopping in Montreal last week and says you have a cool city ;-).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic