Souvenirs a collaboration on a Dan Fogelberg song

neverfoundthetime

Sat May 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Here's Dan Fogelberg's Souvenirs with Kev (dekotaj) on guitar, Daryl on bass, Chris (neverfoundthetime) on vacals and Alessandra (Miss Ale) on backing vocals. This is Kev's initiative again with Kev doing a wonderful job on the picking and Daryl his usual steady work on his McCartney-like bass. I'm doing my best to sing this lovely song which is way to high for me so I'm singing an octave lower with Alessandra (she-who-shall-not-be-filmed) backing me up to brighten things up. We thought there could have been a keyboard fill-in in the middle but it wasn't going to happen so we decided to publish as is. I found it difficult to get a handle on at first but eventually found my way although it could be greatly improved with more practice on my part. I find it very difficult to sing slow songs. As you will know from the past, its lovely but really hard to get Ale to sing with me but she did make two takes before turning back into a teenage stick-in-the-mud!

I really love Kev's playing on this.

PS: I could just as appropriately post this on Daryl's sad songs thread.

familyman4

Sat May 04, 2013 4:06 pm

Very nice guys and gal!!! I purchased D.F. souvvenirs CD just to learn this song a few years ago. It was fun but I just couldn't sing that high so I have had it on the back shelf since then. Very nice all the way around! Loved the guitar work, the bass playing (which I had to use earphones to hear) and it sounded great an octive lower Chris! I think Ale's voice helped with the higher register just like you were hoping for.

I love all of the collaborations going on around here. Lots of fun to watch and I am sure even more fun to complete :)

Thanks for sharing....
Bart

neverfoundthetime

Sat May 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Thanks Bart, glad you liked it. This song really started to grow on me after while and the lower register is certainly the way to go... hope you come back to it and post if you decide to record it.

thereshopeyet

Sat May 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Nice !

Shame about the picture on the wall, who hung that up !! Oh, is that you Chris ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

michelew

Sat May 04, 2013 8:55 pm

Kev, Chris, Ale and Daryl,

Really touching and very sad indeed. Beautiful job all around.

If there was any problem with the pictures on the wall (Dermot you stirrer) it was only that it would have been nice to see more of there inhabitants.

M

AcousticAl

Sat May 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Kev, Chris, Daryl & Ale,
Excellent collab here! Rock-steady & solid playing on guitar and bass.
And the singing was just as good! (would have been better to see Ale.. But I'm lucky enough to have met her, so know what she looks like!)

Thanks for sharing and introducing me to a new song. I'm off to listen to the original now!

willem

Sun May 05, 2013 4:00 am

Great job,,out of words,,

Willem

thereshopeyet

Sun May 05, 2013 11:25 am

Michelle Wrote:
If there was any problem with the pictures on the wall (Dermot you stirrer) it was only that it would have been nice to see more of there inhabitants.

:laugh: :laugh:

Craig

Sun May 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Nice job to everyone. Well done all the way around. I love the melody and Kevin's playing was great. Chris, can we bribe her somehow to show her face on camera? :) :laugh:

Craig

BobR

Sun May 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Kevin, Chris, Daryl and Ale,

I always look forward to these collaborations and this one was very nice all around. :)

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic