Written Song For 18th Birthday

familyman4

Mon May 13, 2013 3:30 pm

Hello fellow TGer's. I decided I would share this song that I wrote and recorded with all of you that might want to give it a look. Anyway, our very close family friends have a daughter that turned 18 last month. Her mother ask friends of the family to write a letter if we wanted to, to put in a scrap book with words of wisdom, life lessons, that sort of thing. I decided to write her a song instead. I wasn't going to post this song but decided, oh, what the heck. So, here it is:

Bart

daryl

Mon May 13, 2013 3:53 pm

OMG, Bart!! That was GREAT! Just LOVED it! :cheer:

That was sooooooo lovely in every way, playing, singing, lyrics! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Amanda will love it!! ;)

Ness

michelew

Mon May 13, 2013 4:45 pm

WOW! WOW! WOW! And OMG! That is SO beautiful.

Bart if you'd told me that was written by some famous guitarist/singer/song writer I'd have believed you. Keep that up and I think it will have been written by some famous guitarist/singer/song writer.

The guitar is REALLY pretty, your lyrics are fabulous and very wise and your sensitive singing really tops it off.

I'm blown away by this.

Thanks so much for sharing it. Amanda is a woman blessed to have you in her village.

Shel

Music Junkie

Mon May 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Bart:

I am so glad you decided to post this. You play AND sing very well. Like Michele, I would not have been surprised to find that it had been written by some famous musician... Very beautiful and thoughtful words. Great chord progression and nice little hammer-ons and runs.

What great little gem. Amanda is going to love it.. ;)

Jason

skaladar

Mon May 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Bart,

I have to agree, Amanda is a very lucky young lady to have you as a family friend. I also agree that had you not mentioned it, I would have thought this to be a cover of some famous artist’s work. Your guitar playing, singing, lyrics … the whole presentation, was top notch. I hope you got to sing it to Amanda in person. I’m glad you made the decision to post this. It’s a real treat!

♫ Ken ♫

daryl

Mon May 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Bart, THANK YOU for sharing! That was great. Beautiful playing, singing, melody, and lyrics. Very impressive.

tombo1230

Mon May 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Bart, well done! What a great and heartfelt gift to give anyone. Your daughter is no doubt chuffed to bits with this very professional song, sung from the heart.

Thanks for sharing. :) and nice job all round with the singing and playing. Really glad you shared it with us. :)

Tom N.

willem

Tue May 14, 2013 3:05 am

Bart,,that was great,,your very talented..

Willem

dennisg

Tue May 14, 2013 7:49 am

Well, that was pretty much professional and enjoyable in every way. Amanda's a lucky person to have you in her life.

familyman4

Tue May 14, 2013 4:01 pm

Thank you all for the very kind words and encouragement! I spent quite a bit of time on the lyrics of this song, wanting it to be special for her. So, I am very grateful that you felt they were pretty good... After I write a song, so much of the time I just leave it and never make it back to play it again. Maybe I will do a better job of polishing them from now on? Most importantly, thank you Folks for your support! It really does mean a lot to me.... Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic