Collaboration of "That's Life"

tombo1230

Wed May 15, 2013 12:21 am

daryl wrote:
Yes, Paul has many CDs. Checkout his website: www.paulthorn.com and his YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/perpetualobscurity
Thanks Daryl, I will check out these links. I found him on Amazon.co.uk and listened to him on YouTube, a real find because he is my kind of singer, so thanks for sharing this talented guy with us alll. He has a very rich voice. :)

Tom N.

lueders

Wed May 15, 2013 12:47 am

Geeeeez...you two are just getting WAY too good at this... :) :) :)
Give us mere mortals a chance will ya? Lol

Professional, yeah I'll say!

You two are quite the dynamic duo on this collabs! Impressive!!

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 15, 2013 6:38 am

I was lucky enough to get a sneak pre-release preview of this and I was seriously impressed with the whole show, everything done so well from the bass playing, strumming, vocals, solo, mixing and sound quality, just great! The song is so lovely and Dennis nails it with the Randy Gabriel voice ( I mentioned Randy to Daryl but missed the Gabriel part). Magical work Shel and Daryl! SHel, wanna let us in on the secrests of creating the choir?

michelew

Wed May 15, 2013 7:18 am

Cori, Chris,

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yep Daryl has heaps of tricks up his sleeves, musical and technological. Actually, it's all genuine magic. :)

Chris - The choir. Well you could bake some delicious cookies/biscuits and invite all of your singing buddies over. Or if you're not in a baking mood.... You could record each part of a three-part harmony more than once and then just stick them together. You can do it easily in GarageBand. I'm sure it's no sweat for you Mr honey tones. :)

Dynamic duo eh! I can just see Daryl and I in brightly coloured lycra, muscles bulging and capes flying in the wind. Hey on second thoughts, ... I don't want to give Daryl any reason to don his phantom mask again. :P

Shel

suziko

Wed May 15, 2013 7:34 am

Another great collaboration from the two of you! Michele's harmonies sounded SO beautiful. They added a lot of depth to this lovely song. Daryl, as always, did a great job with his guitar-part, and put together a nice video as well.

Nice work, guys!

Suzi

daryl

Wed May 15, 2013 8:46 am

Vanessa - It WAS a whole bunch of fun. Michele is great to play with.

Bart - Thanks for the kind words.

Cori - Thanks! Ya know, 3 years ago I had NEVER done any audio or video editing. If I can do it, anyone can. Give it a go. It's a ton of fun. You and Krista would have a great time together (as if you don't already!).

Chris - Thanks for the very kind words. I bet you (and Ale) would do a stunning choir too!

Suzi - Thanks! Yep, Michele made this video what it is. I was floored when she handed me her vocal tracks. Every time I hear that choir come in I start grinning.

wiley

Wed May 15, 2013 9:32 am

mark

Wed May 15, 2013 9:45 am

Everything about this excellent - playing, singing and production

dekotaj

Sat May 18, 2013 8:16 am

mark wrote:
Everything about this was excellent - playing, singing and production

That pretty much covers it.

Oh yes,BRAVO BRAVO !!!!!

I think I like this Paul Thorn fellow. Have to go check him out on the u-tube.

Sis & Daryl

Thanks Kev

takhak

Sat May 18, 2013 1:10 pm

Daryl and michellew,
I know if Paul Thorn saw this, he would be " knocked out " by it. It has just the right amount of everything.
Great choice and fantastic job!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic