Busking thumb/pick

willem

Thu May 16, 2013 4:04 am

Well I have to learn a chord progression for an up coming event(party) with my choir and was considering to use a thumb/pick for more bass..

yes I am a bit sick..

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

daryl

Thu May 16, 2013 4:40 am

Hi Willem, Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Good job with the thumbpick and with the finger brushing and strumming. The bass came through loud and clear but not overly loud. Well balanced.

willem

Thu May 16, 2013 4:51 am

daryl wrote:
Hi Willem, Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Good job with the thumbpick and with the finger brushing and strumming. The bass came through loud and clear but not overly loud. Well balanced.

Hi Daryl,,its a cold/flu and it goes on the better hand,,thank you for the feedback which I'm happy with..,,the song is longer but I ended quicker..

Willem

thereshopeyet

Thu May 16, 2013 5:21 am

Good work Willem, like Daryl said, it sounded really balanced, very good!

Maybe alternate bassnotes? Don't get me wrong, this sounded very nice already, but it could be a nice addition.

Note: Be carefull with that Bm, your index is sometimes a little ón the fret instead of befóre the fret.

Good job Willem and hope you're feeling better soon! :)

Ness

willem

Thu May 16, 2013 5:38 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Good work Willem, like Daryl said, it sounded really balanced, very good!

Maybe alternate bassnotes? Don't get me wrong, this sounded very nice already, but it could be a nice addition.

Note: Be carefull with that Bm, your index is sometimes a little ón the fret instead of befóre the fret.

Good job Willem and hope you're feeling better soon! :)

Ness

Thank you Ness,,no alternate bassnotes in this song(I'm your man By Cohen,,hertaling Jan Rot) thats how I feel it..maybe some walks but..Yeah finger on the fret is no Bass,,lol thx.....its a very funny song and I sure hope feeling better soooooooon,,the party is over three weeks or so..

Willem

tombo1230

Thu May 16, 2013 6:40 am

Hi Willen,
that sounded really nice. You have it well under your fingers. You are ready now. B)

I agree about the alternate bass notes it would add variety and interest, but it is also great as is, well done! :)

I hope your cold gets better soon.

Tom N.

willem

Thu May 16, 2013 6:51 am

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Willen,
that sounded really nice. You have it well under your fingers. You are ready now. B)

I agree about the alternate bass notes it would add variety and interest, but it is also great as is, well done! :)

I hope your cold gets better soon.

Tom N.
Hi Tom,,thanks for the feedback,,,on this moment I practiced the alternate bass notes and I get used to it with the pick and how it sounds,,don't know for the performence cos I record the whole thing for a few singers they can practice with,,we see maybe I produce an other track and what they like most..

Willem..

michelew

Thu May 16, 2013 9:42 am

Hey Willem,

That was cooool. You've really got that thumb pick working for you. It almost had a muted quality to it which I really liked, muted without being soft.

You pace was very steady too. It'll be great at the get together if you use it.

Nice one.

M

willem

Thu May 16, 2013 9:56 am

michelew wrote:
Hey Willem,

That was cooool. You've really got that thumb pick working for you. It almost had a muted quality to it which I really liked, muted without being soft.

You pace was very steady too. It'll be great at the get together if you use it.

Nice one.

M

Hi M,,,mm thank you, not sure yet if I used it,,without the thumb/pick as also something,,man I'm confused (no not really) we see..if I get nervus I use only my thumb,,but it is nice for having such a feed back..

Willem

dennisg

Thu May 16, 2013 10:48 am

Willem,

It looks (and sounds) like you have a lot of control over that thumb pick, which is more than I can say about my own attempts to use it. Good job. And I agree with Ness that I'd like to see you alternate bass strings a bit more. It would add some variety to the song.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic