Collaboration question

auntlynnie

Tue May 21, 2013 10:42 am

I have been enjoying viewing the collaborations so much!
I would like to know how to do this. My daughter has started playing guitar and we would like to do some collaborations, but i don't know how to do it.
We both have Macbooks. Can someone give me a basic tutorial? Or is there one on this site?
I saw the Collaboration Uploader - is that for finished products? or do we upload the first person and then work from there?
Thanks so much for any help.
Cheers,
Auntlynnie

auntlynnie

Tue May 21, 2013 11:03 am

I just found some simple directions from AcousticAl in the Techie group.
Gonna try that!
Thanks.

willem

Tue May 21, 2013 12:12 pm

auntlynnie wrote:
I have been enjoying viewing the collaborations so much!
I would like to know how to do this. My daughter has started playing guitar and we would like to do some collaborations, but i don't know how to do it.
We both have Macbooks. Can someone give me a basic tutorial? Or is there one on this site?
I saw the Collaboration Uploader - is that for finished products? or do we upload the first person and then work from there?
Thanks so much for any help.
Cheers,
Auntlynnie

The uploader is for finished products,,,

for A COLLABORATION!! one have to make a basic recording,,the other has to listen to that recording with earphones (so you don't hear the basic recording while making a second recording) and play along and record at the same time her/he part..then you edit all the stuff in a video editings program,,its a lot of work to make it all in sync..goodluck its nice to do..

Willem

auntlynnie

Tue May 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks, Willem!

willem

Tue May 21, 2013 12:46 pm

auntlynnie wrote:
Thanks, Willem!

Your welcome,,its a simple explain,,I use AVS video editings program that will do,,and you can put in just as many track you want.. try the trail version..

Willem

neverfoundthetime

Tue May 21, 2013 1:58 pm

Let us know how you get on Lynn.... if you have any specific questions, don't hesitate, many of us can supply answers. Al is a great place to start. ;-)

auntlynnie

Tue May 21, 2013 3:23 pm

Thanks Willem and Neverfoundthetime!
Lynn

suziko

Tue May 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Or ask Shel. She's the collaboration guru (or at least one of them). I'm completely tech-phobic, so the 2 collabs I took part in were managed by someone else, thankfully.

Suzi

AcousticAl

Tue May 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi Lynn

It's been a while since I've written that- or even checked in on that group. Did I make a video on it- or just write a how-to?
I made a few collabs in the early TG daze.. then others raised the bar and carried the torch.

Let us know if you have questions here and we'll help you out.

Al

jayswett

Tue May 21, 2013 5:51 pm

I'm with Suzi, I've done a few and let the others do the work!;) (Shel, Tom, Chris! ;) ) I have absolutely no idea.....and the idea alone gives me a headache... :S :P

However, collaborations is also just more than one musician in the same place. I for example got together with Willem and Anton, or with Mark, or with Cori and Suzi, or with a friend of mine. Those are collaborations as well.

Have fun Lynn! :) :)

suziko wrote:
Or ask Shel. She's the collaboration guru (or at least one of them). I'm completely tech-phobic, so the 2 collabs I took part in were managed by someone else, thankfully.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic