Busking The Doors

tvarga

Tue May 28, 2013 11:59 am

That was really amazing! Great vocals and playing!
I thoroughly enjoyed listening to that.
-Tom

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 29, 2013 4:13 am

Chris: The nails make finger picking so much easier and better-sounding, but I don't think they'd help you as a squash instructor.
Luckily I have good strong nails on my right hand... its more of a problem to keep the left hand nails short as they can make fretting difficult.

Hmmm, I noticed that the use of the word instructor made me feel like someone had scratched their nails down the blackboard :). Not your problem but mine. To me instructing (although a part of teaching) is the least creative and artistic form of teaching. Coaching, on the other hand is a science and an art which goes way beyond instruction and that's what I live for. That's what Neil is doing here at TG, coaching, teaching and mentoring at the highest level. I could never call him an instructor .. although instructing is a part of his magic. This is not criticism on your use of the word, just me sharing my reaction to that word which triggers a whole stream of thought out of many previous discussions on the semantics of instructing/teaching/coaching/mentoring.

thereshopeyet

Wed May 29, 2013 6:24 am

Dennis

I've been learning People Are Strange for a while now.
It's a great song.

I like the way you use the whole fretboard in this version.
Did you work that out yourself as Neil's lesson doesn't teach it like that?

Dermot

dennisg

Wed May 29, 2013 8:19 am

Tom: That's very high praise, coming from you. I admire your playing so much. Thank you.

Dermot: I watched Neil's lesson only so far as the bass part. and even that I do slightly differently from him. As for the rest of it, the guitar part up neck, it was just a matter of me hearing the notes in my head and then finding them on the fretboard. It's the same thing going on in The Doors version, except that I'm playing some of the prominent piano notes on the guitar. I'd love to see an upload from you when you get this song worked out. Like I said before, it's easy to play and easy to sing, but more of a challenge to combine the two.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic