Busking The Doors- Part 2

AcousticAl

Thu May 30, 2013 11:21 am

**Well that didn't work out! I uploaded this to Dennis' existing doors thread and it started a new one.
I'm sure the TG folk will fix it..

As promised- my tribute to The Doors- "Love Street". I've worked on this on'n'off since Neil posted a lesson on it. Played on an electric, as all those barres on an acoustic really wear you out!
Cheers!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

BobR

Thu May 30, 2013 11:31 am

Hi Al,

Well you live up to your promises, and did a mighty fine rendition of this tune :)

Thanks for busking

Bob

daryl

Thu May 30, 2013 11:53 am

I always love your uploads. This one is no exception.
I don't know this song but it sure does sound like something the Doors would do.

dennisg

Thu May 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Al,

As always, I loved your playing and singing on this little-known Doors tune. You make it look so easy.

If the busking uploader is going to continue to give us problems, after about two years of using it, it almost makes more sense to upload files to our personal YouTube pages and then just copy the links.

willem

Thu May 30, 2013 12:52 pm

Love it,,pity the acoustic wear you out,,the acoustic I like the most but this sounded really nice and not so electric..

Willem

AcousticAl

Thu May 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Hey Bob- Thanks for taking the time to check it out. When's the last time we saw something from you? What are you working on right now?

Daryl- 'Doors-esque' for sure! I've always liked this tune and it's one of the ones I always go back to to try to get my fingers and brain working properly.

Dennis- Thank you sir. It does get easy(er) after you play it about a thousand times- but you know the drill.
And yes, that youtube workaround is something I've done on occasion.

Willem- If you look at the lesson on this, it even wore NEIL out during the playthrough! ;)
Now that I watch it again, I think I missed a verse or a repeat or something- so it could have been worse!

familyman4

Thu May 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Hello Al,

Nice job on the Doors song! I don't believe I've heard it before but I liked you voice and playing very much!!!

Still missing the bird :dry:

Bart

lueders

Thu May 30, 2013 10:21 pm

Very, very nice Al! Between you and Dennis TG is doin up the Doors right proper. :) :)
You do a whale of job every time out...I envy your consistency. You're a talented and super-solid performer.

P.S. Is that a strat? Ibanez ?

kelemenj

Fri May 31, 2013 9:06 am

Al,
That was way cool. Sounded kinda dreamy. Way to hit the deep tracks!

john

dekotaj

Fri May 31, 2013 9:57 am

Hey Al, Whats up??

I bet all them barr chords would wear a person out on acoustic. I like the sound of the electric.

Bravo Al !!
Kev

P.S. You and your friend still getting together .

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic