Busking Seals and Crofts

dennisg

Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:51 am

John,

I've come to expect a lot from your uploads, and you never disappoint. Beautiful playing and solid singing on this one. And welcome to the Taylor family.

I could be wrong, but that looks like a Shure SM58 mic you're using, which would explain why you're right on top of it. You could benefit from a wind screen or a pop filter on it.

kelemenj

Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:24 pm

dennisg wrote:
John,

I've come to expect a lot from your uploads, and you never disappoint. Beautiful playing and solid singing on this one. And welcome to the Taylor family.

I could be wrong, but that looks like a Shure SM58 mic you're using, which would explain why you're right on top of it. You could benefit from a wind screen or a pop filter on it.

Thanks Dennis,
That is exactly the mic I am using. It kind of surprised me how close I had to be to it. I knew next to nothing about microphones when I got it. I certainly could use some kind of a filter or screen for it.
Thanks for the advice,
John

AcousticAl

Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:00 pm

I might need to add this to my 'sappy 70's list' that I love so much! Great job!

On a side note, I think you'd be a great guy to jam with. You've got a good songlist, great energy and your love of playing is infectious.

Thanks for sharing.

dennisg

Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:36 pm

kelemenj wrote:
dennisg wrote:
John,

Thanks Dennis,
That is exactly the mic I am using. It kind of surprised me how close I had to be to it. I knew next to nothing about microphones when I got it. I certainly could use some kind of a filter or screen for it.
Thanks for the advice,
John
That's a great mic, and it's used in recording studios and in live venues all over the world because it rejects ambient noise so well. You'll get used to the distance you need to be from it. I'd back off about two inches because you're coming in a little hot.

Also, now that you're a Taylor owner, you might find this interesting: http://www.unofficialtaylorguitarforum. ... ?board=1.0

familyman4

Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Just now had the chaznce to watch you perform this oldie, but a goodie. I really liked it! In my mind, it is the best upload I have watched from you. You are really doing a nice job with the performance aspect of your videos. I always appreciate your enthusiasm on your videos as welll. Keep them coming John....

Bart

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi John,

Seems it's always so sunny outside when you do your videos ... weather is absolute zilch here.

And you chose to play "Summer Breeze" on top of that ... just can't help but rub it in, can you ?

Next time, find a cold, damp, windy place to perform ...

uh, er, sorry ... getting a little grumpy here ...

Swell performance ! Glad that you join in the forum with such enthusiasm :)

Pierre

Catman

Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:26 am

It's been donkey's years since I heard Seals and Crofts. Good one!

kelemenj

Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:15 am

Al - Thanks, I think I have a similar list. :laugh:

Bart - Much appreciated, thanks for watching.

Pierre - Thank You. I wouldn't have too much weather envy though. Here in Phoenix, a summer breeze is like a hair dryer to the face.

Catman- Thanks. I haven't heard the phrase 'Donkey's Year' before, but I like it.
:)
John

auntlynnie

Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:14 am

John,
I always look forward to hitting the little arrow and watching your songs.
You just exude joy when you sing and play and I, too, love the songs you choose.
I loved this song when it was first issued and was happy to hear your cover.
I want to learn this one - and I think Neil said he might do a lesson on it...or has he already?
Thanks for posting this - I loved it!
Lynn

kelemenj

Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:31 pm

auntlynnie wrote:
[quote]John,
I always look forward to hitting the little arrow and watching your songs.
You just exude joy when you sing and play and I, too, love the songs you choose.
I loved this song when it was first issued and was happy to hear your cover.
I want to learn this one - and I think Neil said he might do a lesson on it...or has he already?
Thanks for posting this - I loved it!
Lynn[/quote

Wow Lynn,
Thank you for taking the time to listen and for posting such a nice comment. It's very much appreciated. :)

John

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic