Busking Gravedigger

buddy

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Always have loved this song because it is so haunting. I had some fun with the video as well. Bud

BobR

Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi Bud,

Very hauntingly good. Seems like I've heard you do this one before but without the video montage. Very cool btw

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:22 am

Hi Buddy,

Your video and audio do flow together quite well ... brings back long ago memories of exploring graveyards ... something easier to savor when you are younger ...

Now, back to music !

This post is just a great example of evolving a song, since it may be the 3rd or 4th version you have posted, and now it has really become your very own !

Buddy, you have learned to vary the texture of your naturally strong voice, letting out the more strident sounds when appropriate.

SO very interesting this way. Forget the original, this version is it.

I REALLY ENJOY your interpretation of this very depressing song ! Keep doing it :)

Pierre

tombo1230

Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:35 am

Hi Buddy.
this song is never going to be a favourite of mine as it's just too dark and depressing! :)

But, you sing it so well with your rich tones and the sound you get from your guitar, with the risk of repeating myself here, is just the best.

Terrific job all round.

Tom N.

dekotaj

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:33 am

Hey Buddy

BRAVO!! Well but together. Really enjoyed watching your video.

Kev

buddy

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:33 am

BobR wrote:
Hi Bud,

Very hauntingly good. Seems like I've heard you do this one before but without the video montage. Very cool btw

Bob
Thanks Bob, Yes I did put a rendition of this up in the past. I reworked this song a little and slowed it down to help bring the emotion of it out a little bit more. Thanks for listening, Bud

buddy

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:29 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Hi Buddy,

Your video and audio do flow together quite well ... brings back long ago memories of exploring graveyards ... something easier to savor when you are younger ...

Now, back to music !

This post is just a great example of evolving a song, since it may be the 3rd or 4th version you have posted, and now it has really become your very own !

Buddy, you have learned to vary the texture of your naturally strong voice, letting out the more strident sounds when appropriate.

SO very interesting this way. Forget the original, this version is it.

I REALLY ENJOY your interpretation of this very depressing song ! Keep doing it :)

Pierre
Pierre, You hit the nail on the head with your comment. It does take some time for a song to really sink into your DNA which allows so much more emotion to flow out of it. Really glad you liked this one even though it is such a depressing song, Bud

buddy

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:31 am

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Buddy.
this song is never going to be a favourite of mine as it's just too dark and depressing! :)

But, you sing it so well with your rich tones and the sound you get from your guitar, with the risk of repeating myself here, is just the best.

Terrific job all round.

Tom N.
Tom, Thanks so much for your comments. I know this is a really depressing song but it is so full of emotion it makes up for that. Thanks again for listening, Bud

buddy

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:32 am

dekotaj wrote:
Hey Buddy

BRAVO!! Well but together. Really enjoyed watching your video.

Kev
Howdy Kev, Glad you enjoyed this "Grave" song, B)

thereshopeyet

Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic