Busking Matchbox 20

Hydroman52

Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:34 pm

Hey John,

Looks like you're having a lot of fun with this one. I checked the karaoke site where I get some of my backing tracks, and they have a customizable version of this one. It would be interesting to hear a band behind you on it.

Hydroman52

willem

Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:01 pm

Your list is growing.........with super songs........which you can handle very well,,when I was typing this I still was swingin,,,

Willem

lueders

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:38 pm

I concur with Chris's comments and I'm glad he had the guts to say it. I just watched this for the first time (honestly)and I really enjoyed it. (However, I am guilty of said offense in your G.C. thread that just went up monents ago...i plan to remedy that.) I especially enjoyed what YOU did with the MB-20 tune...because to be perfectly honest I've never cared for Mr. Thomas...well , Dave Thomas I enjoy a good vanilla frostie from time to time.

Anyways, I pretty much enjoy all your stuff though. You play and sing really, really well...I dunno what's not to like. And I like your ecclectic taste 98.9334 percent of the time.
I thought the guitar/vocal mix was much improved this time. Great job, John!

kelemenj

Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:38 am

Hydroman - Thanks for watching. Not sure if I want to play with backing tracks. I have become intrigued by using a looping pedal though. So if anyone has any advice on those, it would be appreciated.

Willem- Thanks. Keep on swinging. :)

Cori- Thank you so much! :) Matchbox 20 was a band I never paid too much attention to. My wife has been playing them around the house so I kinda rediscovered them. I had to admit that they have some really great songs songs with some pretty poignant lyrics. The vocals and the instrumentation seem to me to serve the song. This is something that I have been increasingly impressed by.

John

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic