Busking Glen Campbell

kelemenj

Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:56 pm

I was pleased to see that Glen was getting some attention in the lesson area lately. Anyway here is a version of 'Southern Nights'.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:12 pm

I just stopped swingin on the other song and then you start me swingin again ,,,,great,,enjoyed that again..BIS......

Willem

lueders

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:01 pm

John, this great ! :) :) :)

As soon as I saw "Busking Glen Cambell" I just had to take a quick peek and see which one u did. Than I got lazy and decided typing with my I-phone was more trouble than it was worth.

EDIT:

OOops!...boy did I post this prematurely or what? lol!

I had more to say dang it...anyways this is probably my favorite of yours! you really capturing the feel of the tune. :) :) :)

daryl

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:14 pm

Fun. Your guitar/vocal balance is definitely better. But damn you have some bright sunlight! Even with your drapes pulled it seems to find a way in.

kelemenj

Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:45 am

Cori,
Willem,

Thanks for taking the time and for posting such nice comments.

Daryl,

Yeah the sun gets pretty bright in Phoenix this time of year. I looked at the monitor before the take and looked better than it turned out. Oh well I have been pretty lazy when it comes to video production. Maybe I will take the extra few moments in the future.

John

daryl

Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:57 am

Hey John, getting rid of the glare may be as simple as moving the video camera (laptop?) to be between you and the window.....

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:55 am

Hey John, thanks for posting that! Your voice was coming through better this time and we can almost see you too! ;-)
Have you tried that without capo, how doe sit sound on the vocals?

kelemenj

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:11 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hey John, thanks for posting that! Your voice was coming through better this time and we can almost see you too! ;-)
Have you tried that without capo, how doe sit sound on the vocals?
Hey Chris,
Thanks for watching. I am in dropped D with a capo at the second to put it in the same key as the recording. I am sure there are ways to do it without the capo, but frankly it would complicate the left hand for me a little too much. This way makes the chords pretty basic. The verse progression with a capo is : D B7 E7 G F#m A7. With the dropped D tuning, I can easily grab some alternating bass notes on the B7 and the G chords. Now the challenge for me here was keeping the rhythm going steady in the right hand while trying to sing. So keeping a simple left hand worked better for me.

John

BobR

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi John,

Another fine performance. The vocal came through nice on this one( and of course the playing). Are you using any vocal effects or do you just sound good :)

Bob

kelemenj

Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks Bob,
I am running the mic through a Digitech VL 4 . It is a vocal harmonizer. I just got it recently and haven't learned the ins and outs of it. On this video, I was using a preset called '4 unison' . It gave my voice a bigger sound, there is also some reverb from the amp. I am looking forward to playing with it a little more.
John

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic