Busking Chuck Berry

TGNesh

Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:37 pm

Now thát was just soooooooooooo COOL and AWESOME B) B) :cheer: !! Like Shel, made me grin from ear to ear, fantastic work Daryl! :cheer: I actually think this one is my favorite of you! :)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:13 pm

I've had the pleasure of seeing the preview and that was already awesome... this is absolutely brilliant Daryl and I love it. This is my favourite piece of guitar playing posted on TG to date. You have really done well on the vocals too. I've seen Chuck do this live and I would say it is one of those music moments you HAVE to have experienced live... but this had me smiling ear to ear. Magic!
Chris

coomba

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:37 pm

G'day Daryl
I just caught this one this morning, Its one of my all time favorite Rock n Roll songs and you just played it fantastic.
Love the lead work, very smooth all round.
Its been on my to do list since forever, You may have just kicked me out of my rut.
Thanks for that
Cheers
Scott

dennisg

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Fantastic, Daryl. All that's missing is the duck walk.

I also saw Chuck do this live, at the Roxy Theatre in Hollywood, with Johnny Rivers playing rhythm guitar.

cosmicmechanic

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:34 pm

Hey Daryl,

Just give me a second here to pick myself up from where I just fell off my chair ...

I don't know that the following question has been asked of you on this forum ...

Simply put : What kind of musical background do you have ???

Is raising goats the secret ?!! If so, they might tell you it's okaaaaaay to sing on camera :)

Pierre

takhak

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:48 pm

That was great! you are not a farmer with a guitar. you are a guitarist with a farm. Is Joe Perry your neighbor?

daryl

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Craig - Thank you. I'm a bedroom rocker. But surely you can play along. Put a capo on the 3rd fret and play three chords: G C and D. Once you get the rhythm down, take the capo off and play the Bb Eb F barrred chords with me. Then you can start adding your little pinky thing. Go for it. You can do it.

Kev - Thank you.

Jason - Very kind.

Michele - My giggly friend! I am a cucumber. It ended up being 8 tracks (one was my drummer). But thank you for the very kind words, and for the encouragement and challenge. However, you will NOT see me singing. EVER. And I don't say that lightly.

Mike - Thank you. I'd love to see you do "Johnny B Goode". You'd be GREAT! I could send you my drum track or bass track if you'd like. My electric is a Kramer / Showster Metalist III. It works well enough for me.

Bart - Magic? Not really. Anyone can do what I've done. Four years ago, I didn't have a video camera or a DAW. About 3 years ago, I uploaded my first (pathetic) video. I've learned alot since then. And I'd be happy to help anyone who's interested.

Bob - Thank you.

John - Thank you.

Willem - You're a funny man. I didn't think I should assume everyone would know the song. You just never know. But you're probably right...."who doesn't know the song?"

Vanessa - Thank you! I'm glad I made you grin. Is it the song that makes it your favorite video of mine or was there something else in particular?

Chris - Brilliant? But thank you! You're a great sounding board for me. I'm glad I made you smile.

Scott - Thank you! I'm touched (and thrilled) that I just kicked your butt! ;-) I would love to see you upload your version.

Dennis - Thanks! You're too funny. Hard to do the duck walk sitting in a chair! :-)

Pierre - I'm sorry you fell off your chair. Were you hurt? You are a very very funny guy. I giggle/smile/grin at ALL your comments! My musical background? About seven years of weekly Mel Bay lessons. At the peak of my playing (when I was about 14) I could sight read some very complex sheet music. But could I play well? Nope. Could I play with feeling or improvise? Nope. But I did learn the fretboard fairly well. But, with the supportive folks here at TG, I've been able to develop my multi-tracking, multi-PIP video stuff (all within the last 3 years). Prior to that I was just a doodler who could not play a single complete song. As I have said before, having a goal of uploading a video (to such a supportive group) has really helped me focus on completing a song and "performing" it.

Jim - Thank you. But I AM a farmer with a guitar. I am guitar player not a guitarist. I do believe Joe Perry has property in Vermont. But not near me. But thank you for the kind words!

Lavallee

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:49 pm

Hey Daryl, that was very entertaining. You got the signature riff so smoothly. What a nice production as well and doing your own singing ghost. A perfect number. We registered a few hours apart on TG but you are light years ahead of me. I always learn and get inspired by your videos and all the help you are giving.

Marc

haoli25

Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:08 am

Excellent job, Daryl. What a workout! Thanks for sharing your video with us.

Bill Image

skaladar

Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:15 am

Hey Daryl … That’s the way to Rock n’ Roll!

I’m always impressed by your work, whether it be your guitar playing, your mixing and of course, by your contributions to the collaborations. This is no exception. You’re a very talented man.

Now all you need is a DeLorean :-)

Thanks for sharing, it was great!

♫ Ken ♫

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic