Busking Billy Joel

Music Junkie

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:59 pm

daryl wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
kelemenj wrote:
Thanks Bart, Daryl, Willem, Bob!

Jason - I forgot that was the theme song to 'Bosom Buddies' until your comment. Great reference! Oh the madcap cross dressing hijinks of Buffy and Hildegard at the Susan B. Anthony Hotel for Women.

John
John:

Pretty good that you remembered the names and the hotel... :laugh:.

As far as busking Billy Joel, I would agree with you guys on Vienna Waits for You... Great song. I took the time to transcribe Captain Jack, but with the length of the song, and the switch back and forth between F and Bbmaj7, my hand gets super tired.... :P

J
Jason, I don't know "Captain Jack" but could you transpose it so the F to Bbmaj7 becomes C (332010) to Fmaj7 (x33210)? That way you would just be shifting your 2nd 3rd and 4th fingers up and down one string. Just a thought.
Daryl:

It goes back and forth between F and Bbmaj7 then does a little Am7 to C before going back. Then the Chorus is G D C D G D C C......

So one could play the C to Fmaj7 then use an Em7 to G. Then in the chorus, it would be D A G A D A G....... I am flying by the seat of my pants right now, so I will double check that later... :silly:

I'll give it a go tonight and see how it sounds....

Gotta love transposing sometimes......lol

Have a great weekend!

Here is a link to the song.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic