Busking Billy Joel

kelemenj

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:43 pm

My Life

Did I mention how cool a lesson on 'Vienna' would be?

John

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:02 pm

John thats a workout..thx,,glad being part of your life,,your guitar life!!

Willem

Music Junkie

Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:36 pm

John:

That was fun.... I kept envisioning Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari in their heyday..... :woohoo:

Love that song. Great job!

Jason

BobR

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:12 pm

John,

Man you were really rockin' that. I always enjoy your song selections and your performances

Bob

daryl

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:38 pm

Rock on John! You do put a lot of energy into these songs. Keep them coming.

familyman4

Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Hello John,

You are certainly building quite a library of songs.

I love Billy Joel and agree "When You You Realize, Vienna Waits For You", would be a great piano song to add to the list to learn on guitar. I'll go look on the recommend a lesson site and see if it's there. If it is, I'll post another vote.

Keep posting, I enjoy watching all of your energy and song choices...

Bart

kelemenj

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:00 am

Thanks Bart, Daryl, Willem, Bob!

Jason - I forgot that was the theme song to 'Bosom Buddies' until your comment. Great reference! Oh the madcap cross dressing hijinks of Buffy and Hildegard at the Susan B. Anthony Hotel for Women.

John

Music Junkie

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:16 am

kelemenj wrote:

Jason - I forgot that was the theme song to 'Bosom Buddies' until your comment. Great reference! Oh the madcap cross dressing hijinks of Buffy and Hildegard at the Susan B. Anthony Hotel for Women.

John
John:

Pretty good that you remembered the names and the hotel... :laugh:.

As far as busking Billy Joel, I would agree with you guys on Vienna Waits for You... Great song. I took the time to transcribe Captain Jack, but with the length of the song, and the switch back and forth between F and Bbmaj7, my hand gets super tired.... :P

J

dekotaj

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Bravo!!! John

Thank god for cutaways guitars. Billy Joel, what a great talent. Good job sir.

Kev.

PS, I no your tried of hearing about lighting. So I promise it will be the last time. You said you use a computer camera, I think if you were to place a light on the desk shinning at you. It would give a better look at your playing. But please keep them coming.

daryl

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:46 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
kelemenj wrote:

John
John:

Pretty good that you remembered the names and the hotel... :laugh:.

As far as busking Billy Joel, I would agree with you guys on Vienna Waits for You... Great song. I took the time to transcribe Captain Jack, but with the length of the song, and the switch back and forth between F and Bbmaj7, my hand gets super tired.... :P

J
Jason, I don't know "Captain Jack" but could you transpose it so the F to Bbmaj7 becomes C (332010) to Fmaj7 (x33210)? That way you would just be shifting your 2nd 3rd and 4th fingers up and down one string. Just a thought.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic