Busking THREE DOG NIGHT

buddy

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Here is a rendition of Joy to the World, or Jeremiah was a Bullfrog as some would call it. This was a fun tune to put together and I tried to combine a number of styles to make this work on a solo guitar. You will see some muting and chucking, some blues style, and a little bass run in the chorus. Hope you all enjoy this tune, Bud

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

kelemenj

Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:04 pm

Buddy,
Cool Version! I should add that to my repertoire. What is the chord progression you are playing during the 'joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea' bit? I like the sound of those voicings. Thanks for posting.
John

buddy

Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:57 am

kelemenj wrote:
Buddy,
Cool Version! I should add that to my repertoire. What is the chord progression you are playing during the 'joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea' bit? I like the sound of those voicings. Thanks for posting.
John
Hi John, Glad you enjoyed this. The little run for "JOy to the fishes in the deep blue see" is a D chord with a bass walk down on the A string from the third fret. second fret and the first fret.

Bud

dekotaj

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:47 am

Good job Buddy!

This was a great song to have come up on the radio when we were driving along as kids.

Bravo!!!
Kev

tombo1230

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Great song, great job Buddy. It's years since I've heard that song.

Thanks for reminding me of it. Looks like a fun one to play. :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic