Busking Carrie Underwood

jimi40

Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Here is our version of 2 black Cadillacs by Carrie Underwood. This is my daughter and I playing on our basement stage. Thanks for watching

BobR

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Jimi,
Not a song I am familiar with but I really enjoyed both of you playing and your daughters vocal.
It seemed to speed up a bit in parts but you both were in time. Maybe that's how it goes. I'll check the video you added.

Very nicely done

Bob

Lavallee

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Good duet, Jimi, it is fantastic that you have a chance to play with your daughter. You guys make a good team. Like Bob, l I am not familiar with the song , but it is fun to watch your performance.

Marc

tombo1230

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:17 pm

Nice duet Jimi and daughter. Looks like a load of fun.

Cool little stage setup you have there. Well done! :)

Tom N.

dekotaj

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:37 am

Hey Jimi.

Love Carrie and her music. I've yet to her this one from her yet. She said its not a single yet on the video below. Has it made it out yet???

I think you and miss ??? ( whats your daughter name ) Did a great job on the song. I like the vocals and the two guitar playing together. What kind off box ( Green ) or you running through?? Really enjoy watching you two doing your music together.So BRAVO!!!

Can't wait to see more from you two.

Kev

PS. If I was to suggest anything it would be to watch the speed of the song when the heavy strumming kick in.Thanks for posting!!!

buddy

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:23 am

Jimi, That was very enjoyable, always good to see a Father playing with his child.

Bud

jimi40

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:08 am

Thanks for all the comments

Yes, we struggle with the speed of the song. Gabriella (daughter) has a tendency to speed up at certain points. I think my strumming speeds up as well. Suggestions? I am running my guitar thru an Ibanez tube screamer with the gain turned down and the volume up. The song was included on the Blown Away album which came out last fall.

Hydroman52

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi Jimi,

I have the same problem with varying speeds. No matter how hard I try, the tempo is always different at the end of the song. A metronome straightens that out, but, take it away, and the internal clock goes right back to ticking at its own crazy pace. Besides, metronomes are boring.

Don't know if you have already tried it, but I would highly suggest trying a custom backing track for this song. It only costs $3 US. I have checked the site where I get mine (same site Daryl recommended a long time ago), and this song is available. I'll PM the link to you so you can preview it for free. Gabriella and you could have a blast with it. It's a good learning tool if you want to hear what you'd sound like with a band backing you. You already have the stage.

Hydroman52

jimi40

Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Thanks Hydroman! I had never heard of this.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic