Busking JEREMY RIDDLE

buddy

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:36 pm

Here is a lovely tune by Jeremy Riddle. It has a beautiful melody finger picked out on the guitar. I love the line in the chorus that says "blow through the caverns of my soul". We could use some peaceful music with all the crazy stuff going on in this world.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

jimi40

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Nice work Buddy! Very soulful voice, awesome performance.

thereshopeyet

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Gosh Buddy

Your singing voice just gets better and better.
Soulfully sang with much conviction convincingly.
Made me feel very much off the rails !

Did you ever sell your smaller ranch and purchase the equipment you were seeking?
If so what have you been doing.

Dermot

Fall Afresh
Awaken my soul, come awake
To hunger, to seek, to thirst
Awaken first love, come awake
And do as You did at first
Spirit of the Living God come fall afresh on me
Come wake me from my sleep
Blow through the caverns of my soul
Pour in me to overflow, to overflow
Spirit come and fill this place
Let Your glory now invade
Spirit come and fill this place
Let Your glory now invade

cosmicmechanic

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:17 am

Buddy, it's also great when you post performances with references to deeper themes, like this one.

I like many kinds of music that inspire mystic moods, whether explicitly or even accidentally ... it can help for so many reasons (another subject).

Maybe what all these types of music have in common is being able to feel comfortable drying your armpits in public without having to hold up a lighter :silly:

... Just to say that I really enjoyed your version, Buddy. Thanks for sharing this continuing improvement of your style with us !

May I suggest that in your singing you try to add more bass to the warble in the longer higher notes ? Not like I could show you how. :S

Of course, I say this because I know you aren't just looking for a pat on the back.

Really nice !
Pierre

willem

Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:47 am

Looks like a nice song,,suggestion maybe could be in my opinion to sing at first a bit soft and later on a more belting kind of singin...
I listen very careful to your vibrations and i think you can handle it very well,,what I mean is that you don't vibrate on every long note..and thats good..

Willem

buddy

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:23 am

jimi40 wrote:
Nice work Buddy! Very soulful voice, awesome performance.
Thanks much Jimi !

dekotaj

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:55 am

Bravo Bud

Like always, enjoy your performance.

Kev

buddy

Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:22 am

Howdy Dermot, Thanks so much for the comments on this tune, I am so glad that you found it moving. The ranch in the valley deal is still in progress and I just got back from a stay at our place in the mountains. I retired from my career in Finance last year and I have started up a non-profit marriage and family counseling program in town. Marriage and family counseling has been a passion of mine and I got a masters degree twenty years ago so that I could pursue counseling on the side. Me and my wife have been doing counseling on a non-profit basis since I got my degree and we are excited to pursue it now that I am retired. Our ultimate dream is to set-up a counseling and retreat center on one of the ranches.

Hope things are going well for you and yours and thanks for taking the time to inquire as to how life is going,

Bud

thereshopeyet

Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Hello Buddy

Thanks for the response to my post.

Glad to hear all is well with you and working out.
What struck a chord with you to choose marriage and family counseling?

We are looking forward to our 29th Anniversary in October.

I look forward to your next song.

Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic