The Virtual Quasi Open Mic Thread

willem

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Great Michele,i must go back on this tune,such a great song,,,

I thought you did it very well..loved your smiles(smile it away eh?),,,

I really loved your high singin notes started at 2.58...that sounded very suprising..and beautiful too..

Postman B)

TGNesh

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Well Shel, you got me smiling áll the way through! How did Chris put it? Warm and fluffy? I'm with him! :cheer: And actually with our Mr. Postman B) too, I love how you always sing those higher notes!!!

And you'd be absolutely great in front of a live audience, I'm certain of it! I say, next year, september at the Quaker Centre????! :P ;) :cheer:

Thanks so much Shel, also loved your smiles, they're heartwarming!!! :) :) :) :)

Craig

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Lynn, Cori/Krista, and Michelle,

Sorry for lumping all of you into one response, I haven't been on the forum much lately...

However, GREAT job by all three (four) of you! The playing and singing were wonderful!

Lynn, I really enjoy your playing. I know you like that bluesy-swingy style and you play it great. Well done

Cori/Krista, nice work! The electric guitar sounded sweet and Krista did her usual wonderful job singing. You two look like you have so much fun, I think I would like to be your roadie!

Michelle, (aka" the Queen of Hand Position") I wish I had warts like that! That was just great. Congrats on singing in front of your class as well!

Craig

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:06 pm

Shel:

Well, well, young lady...... :)

Very nice performance. I tried slowing it down and zooming in, but I just flat could not see or hear the warts... :huh: It all sounded damn good to me. I love that you had to smile at yourself a few times, but just kept going. I have been told that is how the professionals do it... ;)

I can only mirror what others have said about your progress. Wonderful.

Cheers, and thanks for sharing.

Jason

wrench

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:46 pm

Michele, I know warty - real well - and that wasn't it. That was great. I loved it.

michelew

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Thanks everyone for being such a bunch of sweeties. It's so great to receive such generous responses.

Lynn - thanks, you were a hard act to follow. I have no doubt that the TG camp crowd would have been a wonderfully supportive and encouraging audience to perform for. Perhaps I'll make it one year. The one-take stipulation may be discouraging some folks. I still think it's a good goal and a way of getting closer to a real open-mic. But, perhaps it should be just that, a target rather than a rule. As you know I missed. :)

Scott a classic it is. I'm glad you liked it. I'm waiting for Ness to post your number. That will be really cool I'm sure.

Cori - you're the SWEETEST! That's damn high praise too given the fingerpickers in the community. Yeh I'm sure you're in good company in the nose picking department too. :) don't forget that this is a 'post as many times as you like' sort of thread. I for one never get bored of hearing you and the wonderful Krista. Big smiles here.

Mr Postman - it is a great tune. Will we hear you play it some time? Now...you MUST have a few tunes for this thread. Jump on in the water's fine. Thanks for your sweet words.

Nessa - I'm SURE you saw all the warts, your eye and ear for detail has to have picked them up. I'm glad you enjoyed it regardless. The high notes, yeh when I played it back and heard those I thought "for sure Nessa is going to tell me that I should have raised the key for this". :) oh well. Lots more smiles where they came from. :) :) So.... you of all people should find this assignment a breeze. You'll definitely need to work out for a while to ensure that you meet the sweaty prerequisite of this thread. Got any beautiful new pieces you'd like to inspire us with? I'd LOVE to hear Lee Shore or Triad or... really anything you'd like to share with us. You NEVER fail to amaze me with your talents and the ease with which you shine. Thanks sweet, sweet woman.

...to be continues... Need coffee. :)

michelew

Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Craig - thanks. Hand position eh? It's all the foot stool's fault :) yep a strap and a footstool. Call me crazy! I'm glad you missed the warts. How about adding something to this thread, a little Croce perhaps? We know you have the goods.

Jason - hey old man! You just keep those blinkers on that's fine with me. :). Well we all know how hard you've been working to unravel the mysteries of a number of very cool songs. How about you show us a few bars? That's really all it needs to be a verse and a chorus perhaps. Remember unlike an actual open mic, this one has the advantage of allowing you to press erase and start again. Thanks

wrench - thanks for the sweet words. I guess we're all our own greatest critic. :)

Thanks guys.

Shel

dekotaj

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:58 am

Hey Cori,

I hear a little roundabout in the intro.

Cub fan, ya got to keep a eye on them folks. Ha Ha!! DA Bears????? love them, still a long season to go.

Be good Cori
Kev

dekotaj

Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:10 am

Hey Shel.

REAL nice to see you performing again.WARTS, are you kidding. you recovered just great. BRAVO!!!!!

( I went for simple, there are no fancy moves in here in fact I got way to repetitive, singing (hmmmm...) but hey I got to the end right? ) Heck don't need the fancy moves when you doing a singing version like you did. Do just what you did, keep it steady and sing from the heart. Love watching you perform my friend. Hope it not so long before you perform for us folks again. THANK SIS!!!!

Say Hi to Sue
Kev

michelew

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:51 pm

dekotaj wrote:
Hey Shel.

REAL nice to see you performing again.WARTS, are you kidding. you recovered just great. BRAVO!!!!!

( I went for simple, there are no fancy moves in here in fact I got way to repetitive, singing (hmmmm...) but hey I got to the end right? ) Heck don't need the fancy moves when you doing a singing version like you did. Do just what you did, keep it steady and sing from the heart. Love watching you perform my friend. Hope it not so long before you perform for us folks again. THANK SIS!!!!

Say Hi to Sue
Kev
You're such a sweetie Kev. I guess it's the classic case of 'I know I can do it better' and it felt like I got stuck doing the exact same notes rather than varying it a little. ( I won't even mention losing my place in the progression or the muffed words). But I hear you loud and clear, ease up on the self-criticism. I guess that's the problem with performing via video rather than live. You know you can often get a better take if you try again, rather than just being happy with what you've managed to play I each situation.

Thanks sweet man. I really value your constant support. Will we see a rockin or gorgeous number from you?

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic