The Virtual Quasi Open Mic Thread

cosmicmechanic

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Lynn, something about those Country Blues tunes just hooks me, I'm really glad you've stepped up to play some for us ... well done ! Thanks :)

Cori, I refer you back to the busking thread where you also posted this video and I vented my torpor at you and Krista ...

Michele, it amazes me that you can do this while coming out of a flu or whatever, figuratively, "with one arm tied behind your back".
If this is just the rough cut, then how good could the polished version be ... :woohoo:

Pierre

michelew

Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Hey thanks Pierre! Actually the cold was sort of working for me at one point in terms of giving me a more Stevie Nicks-esque voice, very deep and gutsy. ... But I over did it while practicing (who me? ;)) and just ended up with a really sore throat...idiot! :) :)

Got a song in you you'd like to share?

BobR

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:53 am

Michele,

I have been using my iPad lately and can't view videos and I almost missed this.

Warty? what warts, I think you did a fabulous job on a great song. And one take too!! :)

Bob

michelew

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Thanks BoB! It wasn't one take...oops. :) it really is a great song.

BTW - I really enjoyed your performance of Peaceful Easy Feeling on the hangout session. That was very cool and you had me singing along.

lueders

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:08 pm

Thanx, CRAIG!! :) :)

You're on Deck....But "RUN DON"T WALK" to the recording room...and remember recording actually relieves several forms of acoustic constipation and "CLASSICAL GAS" hee,hee boomchick! whompwhompwhaaaaa!!

CORI

PS Bob I liked you your eagles tune as well.

cosmicmechanic

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi all,
Wish I had a bit more time and MOJO to record something on the spot ... BUT ...
Here's something from the cottage in August, just a few weeks ago ... hopefully not too cringe-worthy.

I figure that campfires are a kind of open mike ... my friend George plays top notch whenever, but this is what I myself could manage the morning after a very fun campfire :blink:

And this is a worthy thread ... gotta feed it !

I should also mention that Procul Harem's "Whiter Shade of Pale" is only one of Neil's great lessons ... maybe he plays it a little bit better, though ... :side:

Pierre

BobR

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi Pierre,
Very, very nice performance I am glad you fed the thread :laugh: your playing was subtle and your vocal on this was very good.

Thanks Michele and Cori for your nice comments.

Bob

michelew

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:19 am

Pierre,

Niiiiiice. Your playing really suited the vibe of the place; laid back and in harmony with the natural sounds all around you. You created a serene, peaceful feeling.

You and George make a good team.

Thanks for sharing, that was really enjoyable.

Thanks for feeding the beast. It's pretty skinny so far. :)

Shel

lueders

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:40 am

Pierre!! (YOU'VE HAD THAT SINCE AUGUST? WHY IN THE BLUE BLAZES HAVEN"T U UPLOADED THAT?) :angry: well, at least we saw it now I s'pose. We'll let u off the hook.

That was FANTASTIC! You guys play together really, really well. Very serious, here
And your singing is really nice, mellow, and indeed well-suited...

And your video setting...I would have thought it was video shoot for some new indie band.
Yeah, way to feed it, man! NICE!!!

Cori

lueders

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:41 am

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic