The Virtual Quasi Open Mic Thread

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:37 am

Great job Lynn, that flowed very nicely,fun tune to listen to. Great kick-off.

Cori and Krista, Very entertaining performance, you guys have fun together!

skaladar

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:29 am

Lynn that was great. Lots of fun to listen to and watch. I always admire how at ease you are in front of the camera.
I guess that comes with the territory when you play as well as you do.
Thanks for getting the ball rolling with the virtual open mic.

Cori, you really rocked it man. You've shown a side of your abilities I was unaware of … and Krista, as usual, your vocals are indeed impressive.
It’s always fun to watch the two of you perform. Thanks for sharing

♫ Ken ♫

sbutler

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:42 am

lueders wrote:
Indeed, good on you for kick-starting this thread...Michele and Lynn.
I hope we can ride the momentum and enthusiasm of some serious IGC afterglow...sure
would be nice to have another 3-4 chord busking phenomenon like we had before.

Can lightning strike twice? Sure it can...

Krista & I decided to make our contribution:

Screw ups or not Cori, looks like we just got to hear a singer eh? Yeah the guitar is great, but Krista, yeah we need more of her.
Scott

Cori

EDIT: Technically I should post this video elsewhere since it took us several takes. To be true to the vibe(and the off the cuff concept) of the thread I will post it elsewhere...

michelew

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:48 am

OK - I've been trying to record something tonight. You can all thank your lucky stars that I have an ego. Think wounded teenage moose whose voice is breaking, being accompanied by a cat being strangled ... and you might get somewhere close to how WOEFUL my singing is sounding. Oh and to be completely honest I kept fluffing what is a relatively straightforward progression. SO... I tried... but it AIN'T happening tonight. Sorry another case of a delayed start for me.

But..there must be someone out there who is keen to take the stage. NEXT! :)

Shel

michelew

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:51 am

sbutler wrote:
lueders wrote:
Indeed, good on you for kick-starting this thread...Michele and Lynn.
I hope we can ride the momentum and enthusiasm of some serious IGC afterglow...sure
would be nice to have another 3-4 chord busking phenomenon like we had before.

Can lightning strike twice? Sure it can...

Krista & I decided to make our contribution:

Screw ups or not Cori, looks like we just got to hear a singer eh? Yeah the guitar is great, but Krista, yeah we need more of her.
Scott

Cori

EDIT: Technically I should post this video elsewhere since it took us several takes. To be true to the vibe(and the off the cuff concept) of the thread I will post it elsewhere...
I wholeheartedly agree with Scott. I'm always envious and in awe of Krista's vocals and this video just demonstrates yet again what an amazing voice you have Krista.

michelew

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:56 am

auntlynnie wrote:
So here it is, until we can have a real time, online, open mic,
this is the place to upload your virtual open mic videos.

Here's mine - one take, mistakes and all - the same song I did at camp, Sweet Substitute by Jelly Roll Morton.

Lynn
Lynn,

I rewatched this again and it's such a fun rendition. You're one COOOOL cucumber. :) Great song, sweet playing.

M

auntlynnie

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:34 pm

Wow, Cori and Krista,
THAT was fantastic!
Absolutely great - and it felt like an open mic.
Do you two always make such great music?
Thanks for jumping into this project!
Lynn

auntlynnie

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:36 pm

And thanks everyone for your thoughts on my video.
I've played that song for about 30 years, and it is just so much fun to share.
Glad you all enjoyed it.
Lynn

lueders

Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Thanx...everyone! you're all so nice :) :) :)

Michele- Geez, I dunno bout all that but THANK YOU and thank you so much for once again getting the inertia started with this thread. I
enjoy hearing a good moose from time to time...btw :) Maybe? Okay when u get to feeling better...looking forward to it!

Chris-thanx it is a phun one to do. Glad you liked the performance. :)

Ken- Thank you very much for your kind remarks Ken. You'tre too kind. Always, good to see you boppin round the forum. You are one of
those folks who a miss a lot in periods of long absence form the forum. Thanks again, and on behalf of K.

Scott- Thank you very much, Sir. I couldn't agree more. :) I just hope to be half-decent accompaniment behind her voice and more-ore less
hope I get out of it without too many problem areas. lol :)

EDIT. OOPS POSTED too soon...

Lynn- Geez, WOW!! :) Man you are FAR too kind! But golly, we'll sure take it. :) :)
I loved your number...now that was absolutely great You've got anassuredness about your playing I have yet to approach.
I'm glad you and Vanessa became buds...kindred spirits

dekotaj

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:47 am

WOW Miss Lynn!!

Just loved the blues shuffle going on. That was just a blast to watch. Thank you.

Let me also say what a real treat it is to have you here at the TG forum. You helping with the song colors was just great of you. And with that help I put together the other song the gentleman was looking at. I also used the advice of Ness and Suzie. And you and Ness doing the vids from Neils home were just fantastic.

BRAVO!!!!! Miss Lynn

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic