Busking Tesla

lueders

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:35 pm

THANX EVERYONE!! :) :) :)

WILLEM...Thanx so much for your enthusiasm! Mr. Post-man!

MIKE......Yep, Ibanez...I do like like it pretty well actually. I lok at it like it is darn near a strat without the price tag...weight-wise it is closer to a tele. Passion? Wow thanks man! We'll take it and we will "carry on"...I think you gave me an idea there for our next post.
BTW....you're the one whose versatile on the fretboard. Big compliment coming from you!

SUZI.....Thanks SO Much!! :) I still really miss you. I'm seriously thinking we need another
Mad-Town collab...I would love to bring Krista this time (schedule permitting) It would be cool to hear you two sing together.

BOB....Thanks, you're always very thoughtful! :) I hope some of 'em are KINDA cool. :)
We got quirky song choices going for us...sometimes we do a half-decent rendition...and then other times...well, not so much but we do always have fun. (except for Frankie and Johnnie I guess...lol)

JASON...Hmmm I am close to your age. ! was in about sixth or seventh grade when say... Bon Jovi was climbing up the charts with their Slippery When Wet
album. I remember when Once Bitten Twice Shy was all the rage too. But mostly what I remember from that band was the pyrotechnic disaster well after their heyday. In my early H.S. years I went through a phase where I listened to
almost nothing except Firehouse and a little Saigon Kick (remember them? lol)...then for a time it was just Tesla and then the Black Crowes...then Nirvana and "Nevermind" finally hit in the boonie, cornfed wastelands and after initially disliking it..I was soon hooked.

Thank You so much for constant support. On behalf of Krista too. Thanx. I thought this song showcased Krista's singing more than some of the ones we have done. She says it wasn't her best :huh: Huh? I thought geez, must be nice.

When are we gonna see you post something Jason? Is it the perfectionist engineer in you that keeps you from posting? just curious...

VANESSA....AH, shucks thank :cheer: s Vanessa for your kind words. It always sounds xtra nice coming from you. So glad you were able to go to camp and make so many friends and acquaintances...

BART....Thank you Sir! You're another one who's A SMOOTH operator on the performance side of things. So, it means a lot coming from you and is much appreciated. :) :) :)I truly dig your posts! And indeed...GO CARDINALS!!

JOHN...Thanks Man!! Glad you thought it was cool! BTW thanks again for taking the time to do that tutorial vid on the Pretenders...that was great!

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:32 pm

lueders wrote:
JASON...Hmmm I am lose to your age. was in about sixth or seventh grade when say... Bon Jovi was climbing up the charts with their Slippery When Wet
album was climbing the charts. I remember when nce Bitten Twice Shy was all the rage too. But mostly what I remember from that band was the pyrotechnic disaster well after their heyday. In my early H.S. years I went through a phase where I listened to
almost nothing except Firehouseand a little Saigon Kick (remember them? lol)...then for a time it was just Tesla and then the Black Crowes...then Nirvana and "Nevermind" finally hit in the boonie, cornfed wastelands and after initially disliking it..I was soon hooked.

Thank You so much for constant support. On behalf of Krista too. Thanx. I thought this song showcased Krista's singing more than some of the ones we have done. She says it wasn't her best :huh: Huh? I thought geez, must be nice.

When are we gonna see you post something ason? Is it the perfectionist engineer in you that keeps you from posting? just curious...
Cori:

Sitting comfortably at 43yrs....lol Graduated in '88'... My HS years were filled with Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Poison, Motley Crue, etc...... Throw in a few new wave hits, some bright ass Madonna clothes, and you get the picture.... :woohoo:

Tesla, was really more beginning of college, I guess.... I first saw them on a show called "The Capital Rocks" or something like that. It was a local show in the northern CA area that showcased local bands. Tesla was out of Sacramento. Their first album "Mechanical Resonance" was the bomb! The Great Radio Controversy came next, and really sprung them onto the scene. I saw them three times. Once in Fresno while going to Fresno State. If we ever get together and have a beer, I will elaborate more on that night... :woohoo:

I really liked Firehouse. Their first album was great. After that, it went down hill for them (IMO). Saigon Kick had that song "Love Is On the Way". Loved it! Nice arpeggio going on there. Disconnected with Nirvana, and never really like them all that much, not sure what it was.

Krista must be modest, cause she did great. You too, as that intro has always seemed tough to me. Not her best huh..... Yeah, it must be nice.... ;) I MIGHT be able to cover vocals from a band like GWAR or Danzig...ever hear of them....Oh man I worry about my past self.... :P

Not really a perfectionist thing going on, as I am NEVER perfect. I am just super chicken. A problem I am hoping to correct in the future. If you notice, I was absent from the open mic at camp. Ness and Neil were super cool about it though. I was able to hang out and jam with a lot of people, and that was one of the best times I have ever had with the guitar (I had never done that before). Hope to do it more often. I am going to take Daryl's advice and just start filming my practice sessions (when the house is quiet), and see what happens. You never know when a usable bit of footage might appear.... ;)

J

lueders

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:23 am

jcrocket wrote:
Wow, that was awesome! You guys both sound great! Really enjoyed your guitar work, Cori.

I'm not too familiar with Tesla - when Jason brought them up at camp I pretty much drew a blank - but after hearing this, I'm going to have to check them out.

Nice job,
Jeff
Apologies are in order here, Jeff. I missed ya on my thank you list! :(

Thanks So Much :) :) (Wish I could play as well as you... got quite a ways to go I'd say) And that's funny/ mildly amusing at least that Jason was talking
about Tesla at camp.lol. Ironic-al and stuff... Very cool! :)

I really enjoyed those pictures you posted. (Sounds like you were old reliable at camp playing wise)...not surprising there. I really liked the group photos and the one of just you and Neil and Vanessa...lot of talent in that little grouping FOR SURE!

cori

Hydroman52

Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:13 pm

lueders wrote:
SUZI.....Thanks SO Much!! :) I still really miss you. I'm seriously thinking we need another
Mad-Town collab...I would love to bring Krista this time (schedule permitting) It would be cool to hear you two sing together.
Hey Cori,

Tried to send a PM to you, but doesn't seem to be working for me right now. Anyhow......if you and Krista decide to make a trip to Mad-Town, let me know if you have room for another person to join you all. It isn't terribly far from my part of the country. It would be fun to meet everyone and do some music stuff.

Hydroman52

cosmicmechanic

Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:46 am

Hey Cori and Krista,

This video is a blast ... I'm so impressed that I felt obliged to jerk out of my present forum torpor to say "Ugaahaaueggh" !!!.
And I mean that sincerely :side:

By way of explanation, that is the only thing I can say when fresh out of torpor. It can be loosely translated as "Your best playing and singing yet".
Such a coincidence it fits the situation here ...

Pierre

lueders

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:42 am

Hey Fellas, thanls for dropping by! :) :)

Pierre: Wow, Pierre thank you, Sir lol!...I'll translate that as you enjoyed it! Thanks, man! :laugh: You're a character. I enjoy you. :laugh:

Hey, how about it? Some Crash Test Dummies? Some John Lennon? It's open mic...man go for it. Would love to seee it Ik now others would too. Glad to help knock you out of your torpor...

Ric: Oh, yeah that would be great!! Wow, another vocalist in the mix...(not too mention a darn fine steady solid guitar player in the mx) Heck, we could get the whole band?! Whoo hoo! wouldn't that be something? And maybe Kev too? Wow that would be awesome...do you realize we could have 4 vocalists? (Suzi, Krista, You, Kevin) and not mention all the other things we could do.

MarkM

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Cori / Krista,

Very nice. It is always fun to see the two of you put something together. Made my day so far!!! Been a long time since I've heard that one.

MarkM

lueders

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Hey, Mark...thanks for stopping by. :) Very glad you're still around! :) :) :)

Sure would like to hear something from you!!

Cori

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic