Busking Rosa May written by Neil Hogan

thereshopeyet

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:36 am

Michelle Wrote:
Jeff, Dermot and Scott,

I hear you loud and clear; don't mess with Neil's masterpiece. Good advice no doubt.
... I won't go drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa - well not on the forum anyway
:ohmy: :dry: I could manage an honorable moustache !! :laugh: :laugh:

BobR

Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Vanessa,

That was just so beautifully played.

Thanks so much for sharing

Bob

jayswett

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Wow. Just lovely. I hope a lesson for that is in the pipeline.

TGNeil

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 pm

jayswett wrote:
Be careful what you ask for... probably coming soon!

Anon

... and I hope to see some Uploads.,,

tombo1230

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Beautiful tune, hearing it here with you and in camp with Neil was a real treat.

What a masterpiece. You picked the right guitar to play it on, it sounded really sad on the nylon strings.

Great job Ness.

Tom N.

TGNesh

Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Gosh....I'm SO sorry for getting here so late.... :ohmy:.....just working hard these days...

Wrench: Dan, that's so sweet, a BIG thank you!!

Familyman: Hey Bart! Haha, yeah those stretches, It's amazing actually, hands just grow over night, I'm telling you!!! :laugh: ;) :P Thank you very much Bart, very glad you liked it! :)

John: Thanks so much John! And indeed, really enjoying my new guitar! :cheer: And posting videos, it's hard getting to those since my time is quite focussed on new lessons, doing the play through's for those feels like posting, if you know what I mean. But you're right, this is kinda different of course. Till the next one that suddenly grabs my attention! :) Thanks John, 'keep rocking this town'! ;) Gosh did I have a blast when you played that one at the open mic!! :woohoo:

Cori: Aaaah Cori, how great of you to drop by!! And gosh, how you always manage to make me smile BIG!!!!! Great adjectives you throw in there!! ;) :laugh: Thanks SO much sweet friend! Actually, to be hones, this is one of the more easier and accessible pieces penned down by mr. Hogan! :S ....still, capturing the right mood does require something .....I'm really glad you heard it in there. :) :) Yeah ánd a few stretches! :laugh:

Dermot: Thank you very much Dermot! I'm very happy with my new guitar as well, very pleased you liked the playing and the sound!

Jason: Uhm.....Jason! :P What can I say, you are just só very sweet!! And well....I was very honored to play one of his pieces, I actually hadn't before. As you know I'm not much into instrumentals, although i do like a challenge here and there, so for that I think I've only learned like Bourree, Romanza, Muriel's Vincent and part of her Nola, Bolero, that's about it (or maybe more, but I forgot about it :dry: ). But this one grabbed me BIG time, I just had to learn how to play it. I just LOVE the mood of the song. Anyway, thanks so much for your sweet comment! :) :)

Sandy: HAUNTING, now thát was the word that I was looking for, I just couldn't come up with, got stuck with 'beautiful' :S :dry: (it's of course beautiful), but I meant of course HAUNTING! ;) Thanks so much Sandy, if I've capture at least a little bit of that quality, then I'm a very happy person! :cheer:

Michele: I agree with you, I find the song 'hauntingly beautiful' as well, i absolutely loved working on it, just because of the feel of the music. But gosh woman, you leave me a bit speechless too..... :blush: THANK YOU!! Although, credits go to Neil of course ;) .....Thanks so very much sweet friend! :kiss:

Scott: The chills, yeah that's a good way to describe what the song does as well....wish I could've joined you visiting Bodie, how cool that you passed it on your way home. And I know you won't give up Scott, you'll get there, I'm sure of it!!! Thanks buddy!:kiss:

To be continued! :)

sbutler

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:36 pm

TGNeil wrote:
jayswett wrote:
Be careful what you ask for... probably coming soon!

Anon

... and I hope to see some Uploads.,,
I was almost there, then I had to fly to Dallas and on the way back, I broke a nail. So I guess I'll have to wait. :laugh: However I did try to upload my pictures of Rosa May for everyone on this thread, and the system wouldn't let me. I don't know if Jameela got to the bottom of the problem or not. So maybe I couldn't upload my video if I wanted too.
Scott

Music Junkie

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:57 am

sbutler wrote:
However I did try to upload my pictures of Rosa May for everyone on this thread, and the system wouldn't let me. I don't know if Jameela got to the bottom of the problem or not. So maybe I couldn't upload my video if I wanted too.
Scott
Scott: I hope that gets worked out, cause I am sure the pics are great. On the occasions that I have gone, it had always been early spring (as soon as the passes opened up for my hiking buddy to make it over from the West side). The wild flowers out there can be amazing. I have always wanted to go in the fall, but have not made it yet. I hope you also had some time to cruise through some of the surrounding areas, and catch the aspens changing colors. That entire area is a wonderland... :)

J

Rbinding

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Great job Vanessa. That is such a great song. I enjoyed hearing about the background of the song at camp and have been listening to all of Eldorado. I'll have to add that to the list of songs I'm working on after camp.

Nice guitar too! I feel like I've seen it somewhere.......

Ron

dekotaj

Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:01 am

Damn Ness, Bravo!!

Not sure if there is any more I can say about you Guitar playing. It's just fantastic !!! But then you had real good material to start with.

I don't understand way Neil don't have a you-tube page of him playing these great songs he has written????

Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic