Busking The Black Crowes

AcousticAl

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:44 am

Hey TG.

Sorry it's been a while. Lots of life getting in the way of forum participation. But Neil's latest lesson on the Black Crowes and Cori's post reminded me of the version D-Dog and I did way back when. Sad to say I can't find the original.. but it was a good excuse to dust off the song and take another run at it.

Full disclosure, Mr. Hogan.. I haven't looked at your lesson on it yet. Just going from the playing I knew before, so apologies in advance if some of the playing makes you cringe :huh:

Anyhew.. here she be..

Cheers!

**Edit
Too funny!! So I went digging deeper in my computer looking for the collaboration video and instead found a few videos of me first working on this song in november of 2009! No vocals, as there's no way I could do both at the same time back then, but it's interesting to watch.. at least for me anyway..
I shoulda kept that Fender acoustic. Always liked it. :angry:

jayswett

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:50 am

Glad to be the first to see this. As usual, very well done. I'd like to re-learn this song as well and would like even more to see more of your vids, preferably with Mrs. Al. Her singing is really, really good.

AcousticAl

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:07 am

jayswett wrote:
Glad to be the first to see this. As usual, very well done. I'd like to re-learn this song as well and would like even more to see more of your vids, preferably with Mrs. Al. Her singing is really, really good.
Hey Jay,
Funny you should mention Mrs. AA. She just asked me to learn something the other day. Will be a toughie! Unfortunately, she's even busier than me, so might be a while before we can record something together.

familyman4

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:26 am

Hello Al,

These days, I only have a few minutes a day to log on and see what's happening on the forum. I am very glad I got to spend my time watching your video this morning! You did a great job!

Keep em coming...
Bart

willem

Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:14 am

Re-learn the song Al? its in your pocket,,

I must confess something,,I did'nt had something with the song but after your upload it comes in....great man..

Willem

Music Junkie

Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:32 am

Al:

Great to see you back. Also glad to hear you are busy, that is a good thing. As usual, you present yourself quite well. Smooth, consistent playing and solid vocals. Very admirable.. B) A friend of mine is learning this song right now, so I will be pointing her to this cover right away... ;)

Cheers!

Jason

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Hey Al, knock on the door and barge in with that gem, why don't ya now! You and Jay on the same day, must be a good day at TG.
That was well polished all round, playing, vocals, harmonies, sound quality... the full Monty. Really excellent job! So good to see you posting again.

dtaylor

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:02 pm

I love the sound of your guitar on this tune Al, it's one I really want to learn. You sound so professional, as ever, both singing and playing. Great job.

Craig

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Al,

Very well done. I wouldn't expect anything else from you. I remember the D-dog version but probably good to go back to some old ones once in awhile too just to get the rust off. Well done all the way around. Good to see you again...

Craig

BobR

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Hi Al,

Glad you knocked the dust of this one. Man that sounded sooooo good. Your playing is great and the vocal tracks were so cool. The sound you get comes through very nice indeed :)

Nice to see and hear you,

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic