Busking The Black Crowes

daryl

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Nice. Beautiful sound quality all around. Nice harmonic sounds. Love your harmonies. Your playing is VERY relaxed.

lueders

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:17 pm

Finally getting back to this ...and now that I have I have to say: Wow,
pretty darn hard to argue with that!! :) :)

Thanks A Ton Al! Seriously enjoyed it, man!!
And yeah, as Daryl said...and as always such
Perfect sound quality ...

Cori

jcrocket

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Al, that was an all-around great job. That songs fits you perfectly!

Jeff

Lavallee

Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:45 am

Al good to see you posting again. This is an impressive video. Your playing is very good but the voice and the harmony are quite professional. I worked on that song but stop as even if the guitar sounds nice the voice makes the song. You sure did justice to the angels.

Marc

michelew

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:48 am

Al,

You're one COOL guy. I really enjoyed that.

Damn tempted to start the lesson now.

thanks

M

MarkM

Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:48 am

Al,

One of my favorites from you to date. Great job as always. Just dusted it off huh??? I thought the singing was really well done and it brought the whole thing together. You could do this for an open mic night and I'd buy a round.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Bart- Thanks for checking it out.

Willem- I had worked quite a lot on it before I played it for the collaboration with D-Dog.. so just had to get the muscle memory back.

Jason- Thanks my friend. And thanks for tracking me down elsewhere on the internets ;)

Chris.. chris.. the Full Monty is the OTHER video I've got out there. Don't confuse people.
A guy's gotta make a living, ya know..

Dean- many thanks. I've been meaning to comment on your upload of Angie as well. Really enjoyed it and I think you and I have a similar style of playing.

Craig- Thanks for stopping by. I wish I still had the other version, as it would be nice to compare how my playing was to now. I'll dig a little deeper..

Mr. Bob- I love the sound of the open E tuning as well. Just BOOMS :)

Daryl- I think I've written this before, but I take your description of my 'relaxed playing' as a big compliment! It's taken me a while to get my strumming to where it is now.. and improving my strumming was (and still is) a goal of mine. When watching the video back, I can see my 'loose strumming wrist' and that really helps even the sound out.

Cori- Thank you. And, as with Dean's upload.. I saw yours and Krista's Tesla upload but hadn't commented on it. I thought your playing and her singing were great in it! You're getting some chops on the electric!

Jeff- Appreciate your comment. I think you were at IGC? Sorry I missed it, and I would have liked to play a tune or two with you. Maybe next time!

Marc- Good to see you again too! I read your other comment in Neil's thread and I'm glad to see you're giving this tune another try.

Michele- Thank you. I'd also like to thank you for being one of the early 'TG Cheerleaders' encouraging everyone to show their faces and EVEN SING during their video uploads. We've all come a long way.

Markus- I'll be sure to play this A FEW TIMES next time we're together. I really like beer.

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:41 pm

If you're curious- I found an old video from Nov of 2009 when I was first learning this song. I posted a link in the first post of this thread.

NKenny

Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:36 pm

Very nice Al, liked seeing the old video. Sometimes we dont realize how far we have come untill you see it.

Kenny

buddy

Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Al, Really stellar performance. You knocked this one out of the park !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic