Busking/Collaboration of CSNY "Taken At All" by AcousticAl & MarkM

jcrocket

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:47 am

Mark and Al,

Guys, I am absolutely floored by this, and would have to put it among the top handful of favorite videos I've seen on TG. I've always thought the work Crosby and Nash did apart from the others was extremely underrated, and I wore out the grooves on my copies of Whistling Down The Wire and Wind On The Water back in the 70's. "Taken At All" was one of my favorite cuts.

You guys make this sound so easy and natural. Picking out and nailing the harmonies on a song like this is no small task, and Mark's guitar is a rock-solid foundation for the entire piece. I am so glad you guys revisited and completed this - now I can't wait to dig back into some other old favorites from the C&N catalog!

Thanks
Jeff

Craig

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:56 am

Great job guys! Very professional sounding. Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed it...

Craig

TGNesh

Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Aaaaaah, do I know this song, LOVE that one!!! :cheer: And you guys did such a great job on it, the guitar, lead playing, harmonies, very nice job all around, very glad that it did happen after all, thanks guys!!

Ness

lueders

Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:26 pm

HOLY SHiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
(Couldn't quite believe what I was hearing those LUSH harmonies.)
Everything Jeff said about the performance...seriously and sincerely. Sounds like a flippin'
studio put that out!! Superb-er-rino! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Truly in Awe,

Cori

MarkM

Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:57 am

Thanks everyone!!!

Willem - Thank you!!

Hydroman52 - Waging Heavy Peace is a great book. I hope you are enjoying it. Thank you for the kind words.

Pete - Thank you sir. Glad you liked it.

Daryl - Thank you. The mixing went like this. I used two tracks for the video. One on the guitar and one for my vocals. I then mixed that down to a wav file and sent to Al. He then, I believe, added 3 tracks to the 2 channel file I sent him. Two for vocals and one for his lead playing. You'll have to confirm this with him but I believe his is what he probably did. Al then sent me the final 2 channel wav file and then I added it to the video. Whew. Make sense?

Bob - Glad to been seen Bob. Thank you. Tough Sox game last night!!! Hope it turns out better today/tonight or I'm going to be in a real bad mood tomorrow.

Michele - Thank you very much!! I'm happy you liked it.

Tom - Thank you as well. It was worth the wait for me to hear it for sure.

Jay - Yes they are a lot of fun. I too would like to see these collaborations come back to TG. Thanks.

Jeff - Wow!!! Thanks Jeff that is some high praise. There are some really good videos here at TG. Some of yours belong at the top.

Craig - I'm glad you like it Craig!! Thank you.

Ness - So you know this song huh...... I figured you would. Thanks for the kind words.

Cori - Ha!! You always seem to put a smile on my face. Yes Al's Canadian studio does do wonders. His vocals are half bad either huh??? :) :) :) Seriously though without Al on this song it would have been a dud.

This was the version that we were going after.

AcousticAl

Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:33 pm

OOPS!

Here was the version I was listening to when I added my trax :laugh:

familyman4

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Hey Al and Mark,

I cannot add much more than the other TG folks have already said so I will just add my comment of "wonderful" to the string. Thank you for sharing this project with us and I am certainly happy that it worked out for you to post.

Bart

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:46 pm

Great collab guys! Great to hear you.... been a good week with Al, Jay and MArk posting again, feels very nostalgic ;-).
Love the HD video with the sepia look Mark and the great sound quality and the mix and the vocals and the harmonies and the guitar playing.... just lovely!
Sounds all very distinctly, Al, Mark and CSNY... a very interesting mix with a distinct sound signature.

Rbinding

Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:55 pm

I agree. That was a great job playing together apart. It really took me back many years to a simpler time....

Ron

cosmicmechanic

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:47 am

Al and Mark, this is roll-over nice ! Congrats :)

Rbinding wrote:
It really took me back many years to a simpler time....
Ron ... I sure wish that was absolutely true for all of us ...

But this tune actually does address more than one still unresolved controversy in AmeriKa, and with the clear outlook of a child ...

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic