LIVE OAK - JASON ISBELL

buddy

Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:32 pm

Ok, so I post a lot of videos, what can I say I love music :woohoo: !!!! Here is a rendition of Live Oak by Jason Isbell. I heard this tune the other day and love the acoustic guitar arrangement and the haunting beauty of the lyrics. I recorded this with the Saville OM (the more I play it the more I love it). I used the mic instead of plugging in so the more pure sound of the guitar could come through. I also added a little lead during the solo break. Let me know what you think and what will help move it along.

Bud

dekotaj

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Sounds great buddy.

Thanks for playing and singing your Jason Isbell song.

Bravo!!
Kev

buddy

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:22 pm

dekotaj wrote:
Sounds great buddy.

Thanks for playing and singing your Jason Isbell song.

Bravo!!
Kev
Thanks Kev, Isbell is a fascinating songwriter and performer.

Bud

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:00 pm

That's a great song Buddy... I really liked it a lot! Its perfect for you and you performed it really well on your fabulous Saville. I think you get the vocal and guitar balance just right on this one. My only suggestion would be to keep working on the right hand to refine your touch.... its been improving all along and on this song its good... and I still think this is the area where you can get a lot of refinement with a slightly softer, slightly more flowing touch. Recording quality is excellent, you and Al lead the field here. Well done!

willem

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:18 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
That's a great song Buddy... I really liked it a lot! Its perfect for you and you performed it really well on your fabulous Saville. I think you get the vocal and guitar balance just right on this one. My only suggestion would be to keep working on the right hand to refine your touch.... its been improving all along and on this song its good... and I still think this is the area where you can get a lot of refinement with a slightly softer, slightly more flowing touch. Recording quality is excellent, you and Al lead the field here. Well done!

My WORDS too.

W.

buddy

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:25 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Chris, Thanks much for the constructive input on this tune. Bud

buddy

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Willem, Ditto what I said to Chris, ;-)

jimi40

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:26 am

Very Nice Buddy! Big fan of Jason Isbell and his former band The Drive by Truckers.

buddy

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:53 pm

jimi40 wrote:
Very Nice Buddy! Big fan of Jason Isbell and his former band The Drive by Truckers.
Jimi, Thanks, Jason is a really unique artist.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic