Busking Neil Hogan - Rosa May by tvarga

tvarga

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:36 pm

I too was not able to upload this video through the TG Student Review uploader. It seems to be broken.

Anyway, the other song that I heard at the IGC and really wanted to learn is Neil's Rosa May.
It's a really beautiful song.

Here's my attempt at it. I was a bit nervous at first but settled down and managed a reasonable take.
All these years at TG with all the great feedback and suggestions from Neil is really starting to help me figure out how to play a song. ;)
I'm sure there's still a lot pointers that Neil will give and I hope to hear them all.

-Tom

thereshopeyet

Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:21 pm

Excellent playing Tom
You capture the tune well.

It would be good Neil puts together a review.

Dermot

:)

TGNeil

Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:24 pm

Tom,

What a coincidence that I sent you the music only a few hours ago, although I would guess you tracked it down a bit earlier. I can only congratulate you now on a job very well done, and a few levels above where you were not long ago. I am honored and flattered that you took time out of your own life to devote to this piece and I guarantee it will serve you very well down the road. There are a few suggestions I may get to later but they will have to wait for a bit. In a nutshell...

Spectacular, congratulations, and thanks,

Neil

Music Junkie

Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:49 pm

Tom:

Absolutely beautiful...... Your tempo stayed very consistent and the notes were crisp and clear. I truly admire your obvious discipline and practice habits. Excellent accomplishment.

Jason

daryl

Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:21 am

Very well done Tom. You constantly impress me. You were obviously feeling what you were playing.

willem

Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:09 am

I can't wait till this is a lesson,,you toke me over the line to learn this song,,this is the second time I heard it on a steelstring and I love it on a steelstring..

I think you played it with a lot of feeling,,when a song is slow enough we can put a lot of feeling in it I think..

Willem

TGNesh

Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:27 am

Many kudos to you Tom, really great to see this upload! :cheer:

I'll indeed leave the pointers to Neil.

Thanks for sharing!!! ;)

Ness

thereshopeyet

Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Neil Wrote:
......Although I would guess you tracked it down a bit earlier.
I couldn't find the music Neil, so where did you hide the link as suggesting in the news?

Dermot

:ohmy:

dekotaj

Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:30 pm

daryl wrote:
Very well done Tom. You constantly impress me. You were obviously feeling what you were playing.
And even more you made me feel it. BRAVO!!!!!!

Kev

tvarga

Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:07 am

Neil, thanks for sending me the tab and more so for writing such a beautiful song.
I had actually asked Vanessa if she had the sheet music after she uploaded her video which she generously sent to me last week.
(Gosh, I hope I'm not causing any trouble having received a copy earlier and afterwards uploading a video. :))
I probably should've worked a bit more on it before shooting the video, but some of those stretchy fingerings were really starting to hurt my fingers.
So, I figured that I should be done with it for now and take a break.
I guess I should dust off and really learn 'Sleight of Hand' next.
But I think I'm also going to listen to all of your CDs again to see which other songs might move me enough to want to learn next. :)

-Tom

TGNeil wrote:
Tom,

What a coincidence that I sent you the music only a few hours ago, although I would guess you tracked it down a bit earlier. I can only congratulate you now on a job very well done, and a few levels above where you were not long ago. I am honored and flattered that you took time out of your own life to devote to this piece and I guarantee it will serve you very well down the road. There are a few suggestions I may get to later but they will have to wait for a bit. In a nutshell...

Spectacular, congratulations, and thanks,

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic