Busking DARIUS RUCKER

buddy

Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:57 pm

I have always been a big fan of Darius Rucker and really like this song so I thought I would give it a go. Let me know what you think would help move it along. Bud

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

BobR

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi Buddy,

Not a song I am familiar but with so I had a look on youtube after listening to yours. Sounds to me that you did a fine job.

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:24 pm

buddy wrote:
... Let me know what you think would help move it along ...
Hi buddy. Well, since you asked ... B)

Your vocals are really just great ... and you probably have even more potential to discover (just so you won't feel too satisfied).

Your strumming and timing is very well balanced also ... so much that the only critique I can find is to say it is maybe too regular and predictable.

Maybe find some ways of introducing some surprises in that aspect ?

Is it possible to scrub some chords on a series of eighth note beats (just rarely) ?

I wasn't familiar with this artist, but in the following video, DR kinda does a bit of picking individual notes at the beginning, before getting into the full heavy strumming.
He also does some (kinda) acapella singing at 3min10sec ... "kinda", since there are a few piano notes to support him ... but hey, just food for thought. ;)

More power to you,
Pierre

buddy

Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks much Bob and Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and yours !

buddy

Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:07 am

Pierre, Thanks much for posting this version of the song as I had never heard him perform it this way. It is quite different from the album version and really would work quite well for just one guitar. I always appreciate your constructive input and good ear. Bud

RicksPick

Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:28 pm

Happy Holidays Buddy
Top preformance
I would agree with Pierre, I would like some thing different from the Guitar,
when your not singing betweeen verses, maybe some different chord voicings ?

RicksPick

wiley

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:47 am

Farm Aid - 1995

tombo1230

Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi Buddy,
fantastic!! I've never heard this song before but really enjoyed it.

Ok, how can you move this song along or improve it? Well you did ask.

I think the guitar part has been covered, more or less. I would want you to play some bits a little softer
and some bits a bit louder and the whole thing a little slower. I could see you were feeling the song, so I think this
would help to enforce what you are feeling out to the audience. Basically a small tweak on the dynamics is what I mean
and I think this would make a bit of a difference. Your voice is very powerfull and maybe sometimes you need to stretch it
and other times you need to hold it back or soften it. You are doing that to a certain level, just maybe a bit more in critical areas.

As you know I am a long time admirer of your playing and singing Buddy, so these are small things really. Your performance here
would stand up anywhere. Most people aren't capable of your kind of performance level and I am asking for more, but that is because
I know it is within your capability.

A great New Year to you and your family :)

Tom N.

buddy

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:48 am

RicksPick wrote:
Happy Holidays Buddy
Top preformance
I would agree with Pierre, I would like some thing different from the Guitar,
when your not singing betweeen verses, maybe some different chord voicings ?

RicksPick
Happy Holidays to you as well Rick. Thanks for the input on this tune. Hoping you and yours are doing well.

Bud

buddy

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:52 am

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Buddy,
fantastic!! I've never heard this song before but really enjoyed it.

Ok, how can you move this song along or improve it? Well you did ask.

I think the guitar part has been covered, more or less. I would want you to play some bits a little softer
and some bits a bit louder and the whole thing a little slower. I could see you were feeling the song, so I think this
would help to enforce what you are feeling out to the audience. Basically a small tweak on the dynamics is what I mean
and I think this would make a bit of a difference. Your voice is very powerfull and maybe sometimes you need to stretch it
and other times you need to hold it back or soften it. You are doing that to a certain level, just maybe a bit more in critical areas.

As you know I am a long time admirer of your playing and singing Buddy, so these are small things really. Your performance here
would stand up anywhere. Most people aren't capable of your kind of performance level and I am asking for more, but that is because
I know it is within your capability.

A great New Year to you and your family :)

Tom N.
Tom Happy new year to you and your family as well, wishing you peace,hope,love and joy for 2014. Thanks for the input on this, that kind of specific advice is very helpful and I really appreciate it. Thanks also for the words of encouragement. Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic