Busking a Pretty Little Doodle

daryl

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi All. It's been quite some time since I've uploaded a video. I guess I've been busy. :-(

Anyway, here's a little doodle I've been working on recently. The video is truly a one-take. No effects. No 2nd (or 3rd) guitar. Nothing. I think I might try to add a melody and lyrics, a 2nd guitar and a bass part. Perhaps I'll even try to work in some vocal harmonies if I can get someone to sing for me (as I won't even try). Anyway, I hope you like it. And as always, suggestions and criticisms are ALWAYS welcome.

Music Junkie

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Daryl:

That was quite beautiful. :)

I really made me think of spring days hanging out with family and friends. Maybe a BBQ, or group picnic in the mountains. Kids playing, adults sitting around laughing and relaxing. Very soothing. I am quite envious of your ability to put chords together like that and get the rhythm sounding so pleasant. It was great to see a new clip. I am guessing you are finishing up on the building now (either that or the weather is too bad where you are and you are forced to hang out indoors these days...).

Our gain, whatever the reason... B)

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

lueders

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:51 pm

That sounds very nice, Daryl! :) :) Not sure where it is exactly but youve created a: warm, breezy, atmospheric back-drop.
Definately sounds like something. That would be a fun one to build on...even though I think it works as is.

Good to hear from you,

Hope your build is going well and you had a pleasant holiday season.

Cori

BobR

Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Hi Daryl,

That was a very nice doodle :) and is very good as is. I'm sure if(when) you add other parts it will be great.

Good to see you again and thanks for busking. :cheer:
Bob

dekotaj

Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:34 pm

BRAVO!!!

As always love watching you play. The ease at which you play,has always been very impressive.Can't wait to hear it when you get it all together.

You friend
Kev

Craig

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:30 pm

That's great Daryl! Wonderful song you have created. I can't wait to hear what you add to it. However, I wouldn't overdo it as it stands up nicely on it's own. I wouldn't want it too "cluttered"...

Great to see what you have been up to. Thanks for the peek...

Craig

tombo1230

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:58 pm

Nice work Daryl. A lovely little happy tune you have created. Looking forward to what you add to take it forward.

Have you a title for it, or is it too soon?

Tom N

familyman4

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:26 am

Very nice! I found myself humming along. Can't wait to see where it goes from here....

Thanks Daryl for sharing!
Bart

michelew

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:45 am

Really nice feeling to this Daryl.

Yep! There's a story in there. You just have to coax it out. :)

It's a nice foundation. I'm looking forward to it's evolution.

Shel

dtaylor

Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:17 am

I think this could become an absolute classic, you've just got to find the right melody line. The lyrics will probably be the least crucial element as long as the melody is good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic