Busking a Pretty Little Doodle

daryl

Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:38 am

Tom, I definitely see/hear where those words fit. Nice. Interesting lyrics. Where will they take you? Think you can get Claire to sing them?

tombo1230

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:04 am

daryl wrote:
Tom, I definitely see/hear where those words fit. Nice. Interesting lyrics. Where will they take you? Think you can get Claire to sing them?
I might as well give you some more words if that is working for you. As far as where is this going? I have no idea. I write songs occassionaly, but usually I do it a different way. I play something on the guitar, fit some words, get some more words and I play about with the chords so that my melody works for me. I kinda get the melody and words together. Fitting words to a fixed tune I find more difficult and maybe more frustrating. Here is everything I have got so far or would you rather someone sang it than wrote it? I could ask Claire tonight to sing it, I'm not sure if she is working or not. I am at work just now.

Could you send me a wav of you playing or a video and I will try to get something together of what I have tonight? It is only a small section so far.

Tom N.

daryl

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:10 am

tombo1230 wrote:
daryl wrote:
I might as well give you some more words if that is working for you. As far as where is this going? I have no idea. I write songs occassionaly, but usually I do it a different way. I play something on the guitar, fit some words, get some more words and I play about with the chords so that my melody works for me. I kinda get the melody and words together. Fitting words to a fixed tune I find more difficult and maybe more frustrating. Here is everything I have got so far or would you rather someone sang it than wrote it? I could ask Claire tonight to sing it, I'm not sure if she is working or not. I am at work just now.

Could you send me a wav of you playing or a video and I will try to get something together of what I have tonight? It is only a small section so far.

Tom N.
I've put my video in my dropbox....

tombo1230

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:13 am

daryl wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
daryl wrote:

Tom N.
I've put my video in my dropbox....
I will have a look tonight when I get home thanks.

Tom.

auntlynnie

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:24 am

Daryl,
This is, indeed, a pretty little doodle!
I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
Although it is beautiful just as it is, it'll be interesting to see where it goes as others collaborate.

Thanks for sharing it - as someone else said, it makes me happy, just listening to it.

Cheers,
Lynn

daryl

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:49 am

Lynn - Thank you. I can't wait to see where it goes too! I'm terrible with words/lyrics.....

tombo1230

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:59 am

daryl wrote:
Lynn - Thank you. I can't wait to see where it goes too! I'm terrible with words/lyrics.....
I have words for three quarters of it so far. :) Well, my version that is.

Tom.

tombo1230

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi Daryl,
Claire said she will sing the song. She is not in until late as she is working. She is going to arrange a time with me tonight.

I will work on finishing the song and we will record it ASAP.

I can't see your folder. We have at least one maybe two shared folders between us, can you put the video in there?

Hopefully other people will be having a go at writing their versions too.

Tom.

daryl

Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi Tom, That's great! It'll be fun to see what melody and story/lyric you come up with. Also, please feel free to add any guitar parts you'd like. The songs in G if you haven't figured that out already. I've also out my video in my "For TomN" dropbox folder. Hopefully, you can see that one.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Sunny and warm... really pretty stuff Daryl. You know you can always call on me for a voice... just give me something to sing!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic