Busking a Pretty Little Doodle

dekotaj

Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:08 am

daryl wrote:
Hey Kev, Is there a particular Janis Ian song that it sounds like to you? Were you playing inversions in standard tuning?
Getting over you, was the tune that it kinda reminded me of. Of course the tempo was a little quicker.

And yes, I was in stranded tuning. Playing the G at the 7th feat in a D shape. The Bm just a Barr at the 7th top three strings.Slide that up to the 8th and the G string fretted at the 9th for the C. and for the D, fret the 7th on G & B strings and the top E on 5th.And just played them with a pluck on the up beats and percussion on the back beats like you. Nothing great, but fun to play a long.

Thank for the song it came out great with the vocals of Claire's.

BRAVO!!!!!

Kev

daryl

Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:34 pm

dekotaj wrote:
daryl wrote:
Hey Kev, Is there a particular Janis Ian song that it sounds like to you? Were you playing inversions in standard tuning?
Getting over you, was the tune that it kinda reminded me of. Of course the tempo was a little quicker.

And yes, I was in stranded tuning. Playing the G at the 7th feat in a D shape. The Bm just a Barr at the 7th top three strings.Slide that up to the 8th and the G string fretted at the 9th for the C. and for the D, fret the 7th on G & B strings and the top E on 5th.And just played them with a pluck on the up beats and percussion on the back beats like you. Nothing great, but fun to play a long.

BRAVO!!!!!

Kev
Cool. Try playing along in open-G tuning. There are some real pretty voicings in that tuning.

Music Junkie

Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:42 pm

daryl wrote:
dekotaj wrote:
daryl wrote:

BRAVO!!!!!

Kev
Cool. Try playing along in open-G tuning. There are some real pretty voicings in that tuning.
Daryl:

Was that Open G you were playing in as well, or standard tuning? It is very cool to see all of the info and interpretations going on here. One of the things I love best about being a part of this community.

Jason

daryl

Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
daryl wrote:
dekotaj wrote:
daryl wrote:

BRAVO!!!!!

Kev
Daryl:

Was that Open G you were playing in as well, or standard tuning? It is very cool to see all of the info and interpretations going on here. One of the things I love best about being a part of this community.

Jason
Yes, I was in open-G tuning. Hence the pretty voicings on such simple chords (G Bm7 C and D).

willem

Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:19 pm

daryl wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
daryl wrote:
dekotaj wrote:

Daryl:

Jason
Yes, I was in open-G tuning. Hence the pretty voicings on such simple chords (G Bm7 C and D).
I think you played one more chord.. an 7th too..

daryl

Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Willem, where did I play the other 7th chord in my video? I'm not aware of it. I know I played a D7th at the very end just before the final G in the outro.

willem

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:34 pm

daryl wrote:
Willem, where did I play the other 7th chord in my video? I'm not aware of it. I know I played a D7th at the very end just before the final G in the outro.

I give you tomorrow the answer when I have really time and checked it again,,I remember that I was thinkin an Am7

Willem

willem

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:38 pm

I had a quick look and its on video time 1.10..

Willem

daryl

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:02 pm

willem wrote:
daryl wrote:

I give you tomorrow the answer when I have really time and checked it again,,I remember that I was thinkin an Am7

Willem
WOW Willem, you're right! I never bothered to figure out what that chord was. It is an Am7 with a D in the base (Am7/D). Thanks! You've got a good ear.

willem

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:25 pm

daryl wrote:
willem wrote:
daryl wrote:

Willem
WOW Willem, you're right! I never bothered to figure out what that chord was. It is an Am7 with a D in the base (Am7/D). Thanks! You've got a good ear.
Its not my ear in the first place,,I see a bit your shape, then I look to the fret board and look at the notes,,then I play along and listen..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic