Busking DARYL and CLAIRE

tombo1230

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:21 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Well where a pretty little doodle can lead to?! :cheer: Needless to say, adding Claire's vocals to anything increases the chance that it'll even be prettier!!

Nice work guys and gals!!!

Ness
Thanks Ness, just a bit of fun, but a very creative process into the bargain. :)

Tom N.

dekotaj

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:55 am

familyman4 wrote:
Nice job Guys and Gal! I was waiting all weekend to see what the finished product would look and sound like :) Was not disappointed at all. In fact, I really enjoyed watching it take on the life of a completed song...

Thanks for the inspiration!
Bart
Can only echo what Bart has said.I to was looking forward to see it work out. BRAVOOOOOO!!!!

Kev

AcousticAl

Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Very nice guys and gal!

A true collaboration and you've created something to be proud of for sure!
Congrats!

tombo1230

Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:42 pm

Nice job Guys and Gal! I was waiting all weekend to see what the finished product would look and sound like Was not disappointed at all. In fact, I really enjoyed watching it take on the life of a completed song...

Thanks for the inspiration!
Bart

Can only echo what Bart has said.I to was looking forward to see it work out. BRAVOOOOOO!!!!

Kev

Cheers Kev

Tom and Claire.

Very nice guys and gal!

A true collaboration and you've created something to be proud of for sure!
Congrats!

Thanks Al

Tom and Claire.

Lavallee

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:12 am

Beautiful singing Claire and Tom you ought to write more songs. Quite a professional microphone you got there.

Marc

tombo1230

Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:32 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Beautiful singing Claire and Tom you ought to write more songs. Quite a professional microphone you got there.

Marc
Thanks for listening Marc, :)
I write when the mood strikes me and it definately helps the guitar with singing thing if anyone struggles with that.

I found a couple of years ago that if I sat and wrote something on the guitar, I was able to sing it right away.
It opened up the world of singing and playing together for me, because before then I struggled with that.

The mic wasn't mega expensive. I checked the spec at the time and it got a good write up. It definately does the job.

On the songwriting front, Daryl's doodle was the first time I have seriously put words to someone elses tune. A new experience
and a challenge. I wrote a song 7 months ago, probably my best one yet, it is very sad, but a true story. I can't get Claire to sing it as
it makes her cry she said. I was inspired to write it after hearing about someones bad experience. I think drawing from real life works best
on an emotional level.

Cheers,

Tom.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:15 pm

I think drawing from real life works on an emotional level.
Tom
Couldn't agree more Tom! Do you think you might try to record your song (hope I didn't miss it!), I'd strongl recommend it... for (my) selfish reasons ;-), I'd like to hear it and I think folks here would agree with me...

tombo1230

Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:44 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I think drawing from real life works on an emotional level.
Tom
Couldn't agree more Tom! Do you think you might try to record your song (hope I didn't miss it!), I'd strongl recommend it... for (my) selfish reasons ;-), I'd like to hear it and I think folks here would agree with me...
Ha ha! Chris, after I posted I thought someone's going to want to hear this. I can sing and play it, but I think I really wrote it from the person involved's perspective and always saw it as a song sung by a woman. I will need time to work on Claire as she finds it too emotional and sad to sing she has said. She is great at feeling a song, but that can also be a drawback. It was like that with the Janis Iain song she did with Daryl.

If she won't sing it then I probably will. I have thought about posting this a few times but something has stopped me. It might be that there is another verse to come, I'm not sure.
I really enjoy playing it though. It was one of those songs when writing it I couldn't get the words written down quickly enough. Basically the song pours out of you, weird but true. :blink:

So yes I will post it, but give me a little time to see who will sing it. :)

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:58 pm

Ok Tom, I see where you are at with it. I think you'll be able to get Claire to sing.... eventually!
I am willing to predict that that missing verse will not materialise. If the song came as it did, the verse would be there, if not, there isn't one (which would easily satisfy you). That would be my instinct. Looking forward... ;-)

tombo1230

Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:52 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Ok Tom, I see where you are at with it. I think you'll be able to get Claire to sing.... eventually!
I am willing to predict that that missing verse will not materialise. If the song came as it did, the verse would be there, if not, there isn't one (which would easily satisfy you). That would be my instinct. Looking forward... ;-)
Chris, you are most likely right about the verse. The verse isn't there because the scenario is still playing out and the story is actually ongoing, but maybe it doesn't need to end,
maybe, I think the song is more about the initial impact. If you catch my meaning.

Anyway, I must go and play it again. You will hear it though, of that I am sure and soon. :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic