Busking The Highwaymen

Music Junkie

Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:38 am

7645slug wrote:
Very nice Jason! Don't forget to save your best for Open Mic. Can't let all of the cool sounds out of the bag in the forum.

tom g.
Thank you very much, Tom. B)

I was so glad to see that you would be attending again this year. It was great to meet you, and it is also very cool to see you popping up in the forums more often. :)

I really hope I get up the nerve this year. I need a few more of these under my belt first! :lol:

Jason

Lavallee

Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:09 am

Hi Jason, you did a fantastic job with a steady strumming (your guitar sounds really good). Your voice is very pleasant to listen to. I agree with Chris's comment on the similarity with Springsteen. How long did you worked on it before posting?

Marc

Music Junkie

Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:14 am

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Jason, you did a fantastic job with a steady strumming (your guitar sounds really good). Your voice is very pleasant to listen to. I agree with Chris's comment on the similarity with Springsteen. How long did you worked on it before posting?

Marc
Marc:

It is great to hear from you. I miss seeing you around these days. Thank you for listening and making the kind comment. The binders that Wiley eluded to are full of all kinds of songs. I kind of just go through them time and again and play through all the songs. I just had the house to myself this time and set up the camera (something Daryl recommended a while back). It had it's mistakes, but overall, I was happy with it. :)

Jason

MarkM

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:27 am

Well done Jason!!!! Had some time this morning and I'm finding a few gems out there. Big congrats to you!!! That guitar looks and sounds wonderful. You have a very nice tone to your voice. Wish I could say the same. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

Music Junkie

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:39 am

MarkM wrote:
Well done Jason!!!! Had some time this morning and I'm finding a few gems out there. Big congrats to you!!! That guitar looks and sounds wonderful. You have a very nice tone to your voice. Wish I could say the same. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM
Thank you very much, Mark. I appreciate the vote of confidence. ;)

I was pleasantly surprised to see your post in the 2014 IGC thread as well. Can't wait to meet in person and enjoy the camp. Everyone there last year was amazing, and it is already shaping up to be another good year. You will be so glad you decided to come. :) :)

Jason

michelew

Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:50 pm

Hey Jason,

Gosh Sorry it's taken me so long to get to this. If I'd noticed you'd posted a video I'd have watched it in a second.

This sounds GREAT! Your playing is so steady and... I'm sort of shocked at how good this is given how you've avoided the whole performing thing for so long You really look so relaxed and ... Your voice is great.

I know you've posted before, a veeeeeeeeeery long time ago, but you really seem to have gained so much confidence and ease of playing since then. Of course I could be mis-remembering. But, NOW that we all know how well you can play. Well, you know the dealio. :)

Thanks for jumping old man.

Shel

Music Junkie

Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:20 am

michelew wrote:
Hey Jason,

Gosh Sorry it's taken me so long to get to this. If I'd noticed you'd posted a video I'd have watched it in a second.

This sounds GREAT! Your playing is so steady and... I'm sort of shocked at how good this is given how you've avoided the whole performing thing for so long You really look so relaxed and ... Your voice is great.

I know you've posted before, a veeeeeeeeeery long time ago, but you really seem to have gained so much confidence and ease of playing since then. Of course I could be mis-remembering. But, NOW that we all know how well you can play. Well, you know the dealio. :)

Thanks for jumping old man.

Shel
Well, young lady, it seems you found it.... :P

Thank you so much for the vote of confidence. It certainly means a lot to me. You are quite right, it was a lllooonnnggg time between posts.... :laugh: I am going to force myself a bit more this year. The IGC was truly an inspiring trip for me, and I know I have to get over some fears. Between this forum, and the amazing folks that showed up at the first IGC, I see that I am never going to find a better place to go for it. We really are quite fortunate to have this place. Where else can you put yourself out there and get nothing but encouraging results. Even when people are pointing out parts that you need to work on, they are doing so in a way that makes you comfortable with giving it a go again. B)

I'll have to see what is next... :lol:

J

michelew

Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:57 am

Music Junkie wrote:

I am going to force myself a bit more this year. The IGC was truly an inspiring trip for me, and I know I have to get over some fears. Between this forum, and the amazing folks that showed up at the first IGC, I see that I am never going to find a better place to go for it. We really are quite fortunate to have this place. Where else can you put yourself out there and get nothing but encouraging results. Even when people are pointing out parts that you need to work on, they are doing so in a way that makes you comfortable with giving it a go again. B)

I'll have to see what is next... :lol:

J

I couldn't agree with you more MJ. Hopefully others in the community who would like to play but are feeling too shy will also follow your courageous lead.

Good on you mate!

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic