Busking The Highwaymen

Music Junkie

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:50 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Way to go Jason! Very, very nice indeed!!!! :)

It was a pleasure watching AND hearing you perform this song. You don't have any reason not to continue building on this foundation now.

If I were to give you one small piece of advise, it would be: To try and hit the bass strings (bottom 2) when playing the G and F# chords. That Taylor 12 string will have a beautiful, deep sound, and on those chords, it will really sound wonderful. Just doing that on the chords that can utilize all 6 strings will add a lot of depth to the performace.

Again, thank you for sharing and keep up the good work!

Bart
Bart:

Good call. I watched it again, and totally see and hear what you are talking about. Most of my efforts look like they are concentrated on the upper four pairs of strings (lower in geography, but upper in guitar speak...lol). Thanks for the tip and the kind words. :)

J

Craig

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:19 pm

Nice work Jason! Very cool indeed! The playing was solid and you have a good voice. I understand the nerves and fears. Hopefully this is a step towards getting past that because honestly, you sound great here!

Keep up the good work!

Craig

jcrocket

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:22 pm

Jason.....you've been holding out on us!

That was REALLY, REALLY good. If I was watching this and didn't know better, I'd think you've been performing for others for awhile - you seemed that relaxed.

Like Al said, your voice and singing style does have a familiar sound to it - maybe Robert Earl Keen?

Now that you have this one under your belt, I expect (and hope) that the floodgates have opened and we'll be seeing more Music Junkie productions coming our way.

Jeff

sandysue

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Wow Jason

You really are a good guitarist, and you have such a nice voice. I'm so glad you posted your video. It's so fun to see you play.

Sandy

tombo1230

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:50 pm

That was fantastic Jason, just great to see that you have decided to put yourself out there at last.

When you can sing like that it means there are a ton of songs you can enjoy performing. This should open the floodgates for you
because you are better than you know and have nothing to fear! B) :)

I really enjoyed that and that is no b*******. I look forward to your next performance! Bravo! Encore! :woohoo: :)

Tom N.

RicksPick

Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:17 am

Hey not fair
Thats one less in the class of "carnt carry a tune"
:whistle:
Anyway nice upload, pleasant to listen too
DAM,

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:22 am

Like Al said, your voice and singing style does have a familiar sound to it - maybe Robert Earl Keen?
I was thinking Bruce Springsteen. If you want to find your range MJ, take a listen to the Boss....

sbutler

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:59 am

Jason, that was great. Great sounding guitar, great song for you, and a great job singing. You've been hiding a wonderful singing voice. No guff.

Looks like the main thing you need to work on is that your playing that 12 string upside down. But thats an easy fix.

Your nerves will probably still attact you frrom time to time, but your good enough to kick their ass right back. If singing is something you like, do it, your good enough.

Scott

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:55 am

Craig: Thank you very much, and thanks for your constant good will and support on the site. It really was quite fun, and I hope things get easier too. I am at least thinking that it can't get harder...lol.. ;)

Jeff: I think the trick is a pint of good porter PRIOR to getting started and then one on hand whilst giving it a go. I am hoping to find more quiet time this year and really hoping to make more of a habit out if this. Hope to see you in September again this year! :)

Sandy: I will say the same about your playing! While we were huddling together in the back of the lounge at the IGC planning our escape in case Ness came after us to play at the Open Mic, I had no idea you were going to get up and pull off your excellent playing. ;) I also loved your post on Rosa Mae. We are all quite fortunate to have this venue to test and push ourselves. Thank you very much for the encouragement. :)

Tom: My friend. :) You are very kind. I appreciate the kind words and I hope I can build on it too. I'll try to find something pretty soon to follow up with. ;)

Rick: As far as carrying a tune, I am not sure. This was probably closer to dragging it behind me a bit. :silly: Thanks, that was very kind of you. :)

Chris: I will follow up on that. I did transcribe "Downbound Train" a while back. I'll see if maybe I can pull that off. :)

Scott: Well if you bought a 12-string, we could get another mirror image pic and I could try playing one right side up... :woohoo: Thanks for the support, and I truly hope your dreaming right now turns into a return trip out here this fall. It would be great to see you again! :)

Thanks again to all of you. I just watched Chris' haunting performance of his own piece. Beautiful! Who is next? B)

Jason

lueders

Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:40 am

That Was Excellent M.J.! Loved it!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I am not being nice either...that was really good man! Dig your voice! Thanx SO much for posting!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic