Busking The Highwaymen

sbutler

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Craig: Thank you very much, and thanks for your constant good will and support on the site. It really was quite fun, and I hope things get easier too. I am at least thinking that it can't get harder...lol.. ;)

Jeff: I think the trick is a pint of good porter PRIOR to getting started and then one on hand whilst giving it a go. I am hoping to find more quiet time this year and really hoping to make more of a habit out if this. Hope to see you in September again this year! :)

Sandy: I will say the same about your playing! While we were huddling together in the back of the lounge at the IGC planning our escape in case Ness came after us to play at the Open Mic, I had no idea you were going to get up and pull off your excellent playing. ;) I also loved your post on Rosa Mae. We are all quite fortunate to have this venue to test and push ourselves. Thank you very much for the encouragement. :)

Tom: My friend. :) You are very kind. I appreciate the kind words and I hope I can build on it too. I'll try to find something pretty soon to follow up with. ;)

Rick: As far as carrying a tune, I am not sure. This was probably closer to dragging it behind me a bit. :silly: Thanks, that was very kind of you. :)

Chris: I will follow up on that. I did transcribe "Downbound Train" a while back. I'll see if maybe I can pull that off. :)

Scott: Well if you bought a 12-string, we could get another mirror image pic and I could try playing one right side up... :woohoo: Thanks for the support, and I truly hope your dreaming right now turns into a return trip out here this fall. It would be great to see you again! :)

Thanks again to all of you. I just watched Chris' haunting performance of his own piece. Beautiful! Who is next? B)

Jason
Jason, the really fun part of this whole thing is that you are good right now. Probably better than you know. When you start to believe that,and your confidence soars, your going to be awesome. Keep it going man.

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:06 pm

lueders wrote:

That Was Excellent M.J.! Loved it!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I am not being nice either...that was really good man! Dig your voice! Thanx SO much for posting!!!
Cori!!!!!!

How the hell are you man?? Where have you been? You snuck, posted a killer Tesla song, and then disappeared.... :laugh:

You motivated me to work on the Intro to "Little Suzi", because I love it so much and also because Doug Young had me on a DADGAD kick. That is still a long ways off for me though... :huh:

Thanks for the support, and I hope to see some more from you and Krista soon!

J

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:10 pm

sbutler wrote:
Jason, the really fun part of this whole thing is that you are good right now. Probably better than you know. When you start to believe that,and your confidence soars, your going to be awesome. Keep it going man.
Thanks, Scott. :)

Confidence is a fickle beast.... I think it can be tamed though, with some more practice and risk. I am hoping that if I can get a video up once in a while, then some of the others who are nervous can do so as well. ;)

J

dekotaj

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:06 pm

DARN Jason BRAVO!!!!!!!!

I think it was great. All I can say is bring on the Highwayman. Look froward to watching it.

Don't sweet the small stuff.Sounding GOOD!!!

Kev

haoli25

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:32 pm

You ROCK, Jason!!! BRAVO!!! That Taylor-12 is sounding great and your singing is the perfect compliment. I hear a little Jackson Browne in your voice. Very, very well done. Thank you so much for sharing your video.

Bill Image

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:40 pm

dekotaj wrote:
DARN Jason BRAVO!!!!!!!!

I think it was great. All I can say is bring on the Highwayman. Look froward to watching it.

Don't sweet the small stuff.Sounding GOOD!!!

Kev
Kevin: Thank you kind sir! I appreciate it. The Highwayman is also a great song and I love to play that one. I still have troubles with the D/C# in that one. Need some additional pinkie control... ;)

Jason

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:22 pm

haoli25 wrote:
You ROCK, Jason!!! BRAVO!!! That Taylor-12 is sounding great and your singing is the perfect compliment. I hear a little Jackson Browne in your voice. Very, very well done. Thank you so much for sharing your video.

Bill Image
Thank you very much, Bill. You are always such a positive person. I love me some Jackson Browne. Thanks for watching and replying! :)

Jason

jim56

Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:09 am

May I have the envelope please....

Well done Jason, the vote is in and you nailed it!
Congrats Bro, looking forward to another,
Cheers Jim

wiley

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:59 am

For those of you who were not at the IGC, this guy has these folders, you know the three ring 4 inch thick types, and a butt load of 'em. He brought twelve or so guitars (all Taylor - we need work on that) and was kind enough to help anyone, and everyone who needed it. He's the same way here on the Forum as he is in 'Reality'.

As for the 'pints' - e-mail me before hand and I'll do what need be done. No excuses this year MJ, none!

Who Knew huh???

Well done Sir, well done indeed!

Music Junkie

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:47 am

jim56 wrote:
May I have the envelope please....

Well done Jason, the vote is in and you nailed it!
Congrats Bro, looking forward to another,
Cheers Jim
Ha, good to hear from you, Jim! Thank you very much. I would love to see another from you and Danielle as well!

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic