Busking The Highwaymen

Music Junkie

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:55 am

wiley wrote:
For those of you who were not at the IGC, this guy has these folders, you know the three ring 4 inch thick types, and a butt load of 'em. He brought twelve or so guitars (all Taylor - we need work on that) and was kind enough to help anyone, and everyone who needed it. He's the same way here on the Forum as he is in 'Reality'.

As for the 'pints' - e-mail me before hand and I'll do what need be done. No excuses this year MJ, none!

Who Knew huh???

Well done Sir, well done indeed!
O.K., O.K....... There were only 6 binders, and only 3 1/2 guitars.... The 1/2 being the Baby Taylor I had everyone sign... :silly: Yeah, this year I will only bring two.....probably.... :lol:

As far as the binders go, I threw myself into transcribing for a long time. Many were just songs that I found on the web and tried to clean up and lay out in better format. Some were my own creations. Vanessa thumbed through them and helped me clean up a few, as well as played through "Try and Love Again" by the Eagles. That was fun. What a true and helpful person she is, as if nobody knew that already. B)

Wiley: Thanks for the kind words, and support. I'll try to have a pint or three before open mic night this year. That thought still scares the crap out of me... :woohoo:

Looking forward to your tunes showing up as well. Hopefully your available practice time will hold up and you can get through them. It really looked like you had them down in the FOTW clips. I am really looking forward to getting together again this year. ;)

Jason

thereshopeyet

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Jason

You Held Up that song like Dick Turpin !

Stole the show !!

Good to see and hear you in action.

Dermot

:)

Music Junkie

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:25 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Jason

You Held Up that song like Dick Turpin !

Stole the show !!

Good to see and hear you in action.

Dermot

:)
Thank you kindly, Dermot. It was fun, and much less painful than I had imagined... ;)

What are you working on these days?

wiley

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:26 pm

It's funny Jason - we need first decide exactly what brand name those 'pints' need be before September!

As for the open mic, I think I mentioned something in the FOW deal, I have sat across the table with some of the biggest names in Poker and have no fear, my blood pressure doesn't even go up. Of course that did take some experience and a getting over a bit of being 'Star Struck'.

Put that box of wood with strings on it and push a microphone in front of me and......well, I do believe experience plays a role there too.

I wonder if "Confidence" has anything in common with 'experience'? Hmmm......

Music Junkie

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:55 pm

wiley wrote:
It's funny Jason - we need first decide exactly what brand name those 'pints' need be before September!

As for the open mic, I think I mentioned something in the FOW deal, I have sat across the table with some of the biggest names in Poker and have no fear, my blood pressure doesn't even go up. Of course that did take some experience and a getting over a bit of being 'Star Struck'.

Put that box of wood with strings on it and push a microphone in front of me and......well, I do believe experience plays a role there too.

I wonder if "Confidence" has anything in common with 'experience'? Hmmm......
Well, I am sure we can make a pit stop by the same brewery and pick up a growler... We'll make sure to grab Tom and Rick again, if they come, along with anyone else who is interested. Their beer was decent and we could take the place over! :silly: There are a few other good spots as well. Nani told me about a good brewery in Los Gatos as well... We'll get it figured out. B)

I remember you talking about the poker playing. First few times I played organized poker with my neighbor (he had a group that played all the time and they followed the Hold em' rules with timers and raising blinds and such), I was nervous there. When I had to deal, my hands would shake....lol After the third or fourth time playing, it was no big deal. Especially if you actually end up in the money once or twice... ;)

I would tend to believe there is a DIRECT correlation between confidence and experience. :)

BigBear

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Great job buddy! You definitely should have played at the IGC!

Hey, where did you get the lyrics for that song? They aren't the ones that Jimmy Webb or the Highwaymen used? Are they the Loreena McKennitt lyrics?

Anyway, great job! Let's do a duet at IGC 2014.

Cheers! :cheer:

Music Junkie

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:01 pm

BigBear wrote:
Great job buddy! You definitely should have played at the IGC!

Hey, where did you get the lyrics for that song? They aren't the ones that Jimmy Webb or the Highwaymen used? Are they the Loreena McKennitt lyrics?

Anyway, great job! Let's do a duet at IGC 2014.

Cheers! :cheer:
Rick:

It is this version, which is The Highwaymen, but I think it was written by Rivers Rutherford:

Thanks for listening, and I am damn glad to hear you'll be attending again this year.

J

kelemenj

Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:41 am

Jason,
That was pretty Awesome!! :cheer: :cheer:
Had a great time hanging out at the IGC. I think you would be a highlight of any open mic night.
Sweet vocals as well. Kind of reminded me of Springsteen.
John

Music Junkie

Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:36 am

kelemenj wrote:
Jason,
That was pretty Awesome!! :cheer: :cheer:
Had a great time hanging out at the IGC. I think you would be a highlight of any open mic night.
Sweet vocals as well. Kind of reminded me of Springsteen.
John
Thanks, John! I had a blast as well. The late night jam sessions were some of my best memories of playing guitar so far. I hope you are able to make it again this year.

J

7645slug

Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:27 am

Very nice Jason! Don't forget to save your best for Open Mic. Can't let all of the cool sounds out of the bag in the forum.

tom g.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic