Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi Mark

I found it here Vimeo.com/45191739

I hope you don't mind Vanessa

Bob

jcrocket

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Mark -

Great job on a great song. I really liked the tone of your guitar - what type of mic did you use?

Feel better soon!

Jeff

MarkM

Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:00 pm

Jason - Thanks for the kind words. Yeah just add scratchy throat and all will be well. :laugh: :laugh: I'll hopefully be posting a bit more in the near future. Just got too busy and although I was still playing, I just didn't take the time to "learn" anything new.

Bob - Thanks I just checked it out. Boy was that good. I would have tried to do a better job if I had seen Vanessa's first. :huh: :huh:

Jeff - Thank you!! The guitar mic is just a simple Sure SM57. Nothing special.

Mark

michelew

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:29 pm

Mark,

It's always good to see an upload from you. You look so relaxed playing this. I wish I had a little more of your ease and confidence.

I hope you're feeling better.

A little bit of feedback on the video itself, I had to close my eyes and just listen because the flashing effect was messing with my brain. But, I liked what I heard.

Thanks for sharing.

Shel

jayswett

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:37 am

Will this song be part of the IGC open mic program in September? Nicely done, as usual. Your singing gets better and better, and I was left wondering, afer having watched this video, if you are taking singing lessons. I bring this up because I considered giving myself singing lessons for Christmas but chickened ouit in the end.

As an aside, were yoiu paralyzed by the recent snowstorm in Atlanta?

TGNesh

Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:12 am

Very good work Mark, steady and consistent strumming!! Love the sound of your guitar!

As for the singing, I would indeed suggest that you took it down a whole step, Don Henley sings really high! :S I read that you tried it, but that it didn't work out or something. Well it's one of the things that I look forward to for IGC that we will be able to actually talk about it and work out stuff like that.

Well done Mark, great to watch another upload of yours!

Ness

Gosh Bob, that you were able to find that video :) ! I really don't get that Youtube says that I violated copy rights blah blah and deleted the sound, I even uploaded it without the title....%$$@%#...! Oh well, indeed, Vimeo did the trick! ;)

MarkM

Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Michele - Thank you!!! Always nice to hear from you. Sorry about the jumpy video. I'm on a trip at the moment so I'll try and change it to the normal video when I get back.

Jay - Thank you. Ha. Open mic huh? Well if you are there then you can sing it with me. No lessons here. Can't you tell??? :ohmy: :ohmy: I've got enough to worry about my sorry playing first. Maybe Ness can give me some pointers on the singing. Yeah that snow just crippled the area two weeks ago. Crazy. They just aren't prepared for it. Looks like its about to happen tonight through Wed again. However this week I'm in Vegas for work. They've already cancelled school for the next few days.

Ness - Thank you!!! Yes I could use any pointers you want to float my way. Being sick the other day my voice wasn't happening a whole step down. Not that it was happening on this video either. I'll be registering for the IGC tomorrow when I have a few extra minutes.

MarkM

Lavallee

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi Mark, It has been a while. I was in NC when you had that big car pile up in Georgia. I bet you are missing those winter tires from up north :) Another good video , nice and relax, good strumming. Like the others have mentioned you are exploiting your voice way more and it pays off.

Since I am late, I hope your health is back on track.

Marc

sandysue

Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:40 pm

Hi mark

Really nice, and I like your voice too. Good job

Sandy

MarkM

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:12 am

Marc - Wow. Great to hear from you. I hope all is well. Been a real long time. NC huh? I'm travel to Charlotte often. Let me know when you are there again. Thanks for the kind words. Snow tires huh? So I'm in Vegas this week for work and freaking Georgia is getting hit with another snow/ice storm. I thought I left this crap behind me in NH 3 years ago. Not sure I can even get home this week. May have to stay a few more days.

Sandy - Thank you so much!!!!

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic