Collaboration of "I'm Coming Over (Hidden Track)" - Jason Mraz - by Vanessa and Michele

michelew

Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:20 am

WOW! Thanks guys.

Den - you put the biggest smile on my face this morning when I read your comment. WOW! It blew me away. So husky eh. :) I assume you mean the bits that aren't all girlie and even higher than Ness is singing. :) I definitely have to give Ness most of, if not all, the credit for the balance and space in this piece. Without her direction and advice it would have had muddy elements for sure. I learned a lot about where various tracks should sit in the mix from Ness. She's got a fantastic ear and a wonderful sense of overall composition. Thanks sweet friend.

Pierre - you made me giggle with your comment and beam too. I see what you mean about the bass player and the drummer, but what do you expect? Policing the beat is serious business and not for sissies. Funny you should say that Jason plays girlie songs. He made a similar comment at his concert that most of the men were probably there to please the women in their lives. But, ...isn't that a great reason to learn them too? Frankly I think the songs are just really cool, fantastic musically and hit home in lots of ways... But then.... I'm a little under qualified to tell right? :) I'm glad our version managed to remove your bias, or at least temper it.

Thanks guys.

Shel

dekotaj

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:40 am

WOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DARN lady's, that was sooooo cool. What a great feel to the whole song. BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!!

Ness, what can one say about your talent as a artist.I can't help from hoping some day I could perform like that.Nice little add on with the drums (loved it). Thank you Miss Nassa for not getting away from the forum with all you have to do here. BRAVO!!!!

Sweet Lady Sis. Sooo sorry to hear about your bass. I no the feeling just got my Martin back myself from a long stay at the guitar repair shop.
Just a GREAT felling when you start a song like this with others and see how good it all comes together. Just a great feeling!!! Can't tell you how much enjoyment I get out of watching when a performance comes together so nicely.Just really enjoy the way this song pulled us all in on the journey you two set up on this performance. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LADY'S.
KEV. BRAVOOOOOOOOO!!!
PS.Sis was I seeing things or did you do a wardrobe change in your video??

michelew

Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:38 am

Hey Kev - Thanks!!! Big grins here. I'm SO glad you enjoyed it. It sure was fun. Good eye. I've noticed that lots of great videos have big outfit budgets. Ness and I are just working up to a big glitzy production. Baby steps. :)

Thanks for being SO sweet.

Shel

TGNesh

Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:30 am

Hey all, finally chiming in on this one!! :)

Absolutely LOVED to read all your comments and great compliments!!! :cheer:

This was of course a fun project, although I have to admit that it's really and mostly Shel's work! I just had recorded the song last year (Probably my favorite of Mraz' 'LOVE'-album), uploaded it to Youtube and that was it. It got Shel the idea to add instruments to it (since those are in Jason's live-concerts as well). 'So sure you go ahead!' :P It indeed took a while, haha! :laugh: So after everything was added (harmonies, bass, flute), I suggested for her to throw in some sort of rhythm. By that time, after all her hard work and dealing with tech stuff, she was kinda okay by leaving it out, which was very understandable and fine too of course;). Then it prompted in my head, oh let's add the drum myself. (I mean, I do have a drumkit and I do even teach it as well) :) So yeah, quite a serious face.... :laugh: Normally, as a drummer, I lead, now I had to follow :S, so yeah really concentrating there. All in all, next time, let's start with a drumtrack! :P

Anyway, thank you so very much all, just really thrilled that you obviously liked this collaboration!! :woohoo:

Ness

Craig

Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm

Michelle and Vanessa,

Wow, wow, wow! You two knocked my socks off with this! It truly is a "performance". Extremely well done in all aspects!

Michelle, it's been incredibly awesome watching you grow and become so good over the years! I'm so happy for you!

Vanessa, You are my hero from the start!

Craig

michelew

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:35 am

Craig,

Thanks! That's all great to hear. I hope your feet didn't get too cold. :)

Nessa is my hero too. I'd whisper it but ... I suspect people might have worked that out by now. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic