BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER

buddy

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:01 am

jayswett wrote:
Nicely done, Buddy. Where was video filmed? Several different camera angles etc.
Hi Jay, The video was filmed by a friend that is starting up a production company and asked if he could film me doing this song so he could experiment with the video production. Good to hear from you, Bud

buddy

Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:31 am

Pierre, Thanks for all the constructive and specific input as it really helps to move a tune like this along. I know you share because you care and I appreciate that my friend.

Bud

buddy

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:06 am

Thanks much Tom for the thoughtful input on this song, I really appreciate the input

!tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Buddy,
firstly, Pierre has some great comments.

I am seeing a huge improvement in your dark and light shading, adds so much feeling to the song, just brilliant! Keep that going.

I think you're not breathing to your best advantage. I'm not sure if it's because you're fingerpicking and singing at the same time, I know how hard that is. As Pierre has rightly said you need to let some of the words stretch a bit, as in some places it's a little bit staccato and that could be caused by your breathing. Some of these lines need to be done on a lungfull of air. I would suggest you record the guitar part and sing to this as a backing track and try to stretch out some of those words without the burden of a guitar. Some bits to stretch and in doing so add flow to the melody are:
Liiiiiiiiiiiike aaaaaaaaa briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge ooooveeer trouuuuuuuubled waaaater...........All done with one breath, don't break down into syllables, it breaks the flow of the melody. You are looking to roll these words.

You have great tone and improved control in your vocal.

I hope you find these comments useful.

I only wish I had half of your singing ability. Keep up the good work!

All the best,

Tom N.

buddy

Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:40 pm

wiley wrote:
Bud, great to see ya still hang around

First off, you're close enough to the IGC so.....

You gotta know I think the world of anyone who has the gumption to post a video, much less do live shows and such like you've been doing. Someday, maybe, someday....

Now for the 'other' stuff. First off Pierre has something here, there are times when you seem to 'dis-connect', I know it ain't easy, but it's there. So yea, be aware of where you are with the staccato and fill in at the appropriate times. Careful with the 'silence' - that is more of a 'musical' thing than the singing and playing.

Also, I noticed there are times when your playing (not that the playing itself is bad) and the voice are not 'syncopated' - IOW - one seems to be doing something as the other drifts off in another direction. Now that in itself is used as a tool on some compositions, but not here.

I like the direction you have taken your 'effects', at a time you had way too much in there, easy to do. One question - are you using any 'compression' and if so, where is your attack (threshold) and/or release set?
HOwdy WIley, Thanks much for the feedback on this. Not using any compression in this recording.

Bud

buddy

Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:41 pm

BobR wrote:
Hi Buddy,

I am in no position to critique so all I want to add is I enjoyed it. You have quite a nice video panning and such. Nice effect.

Nice to see you

Bob
Thanks much Bob, It is always good to hear from you. Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic