Busking Queen

Craig

Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:39 pm

Marc,

Great to see you again! Well done! I really enjoyed that. Very nice to see you still rockin'....

Craig

Lavallee

Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:14 am

Hi Willem thanks for your reply, you can get tracks for about $2 at http://www.karaoke-version.com . You can customize the song and remove the guitar or keep it at at a lower level to practice and remove it completely later. I am using Reaper (I paid for it but you can use it for free) to play the track and record. Then you create a guitar track to play and record at the same time as the song plays. You need a device do digitize (connect to the pc) the guitar. I was using M_audio but now |I use Line 6 (the smaller device (about $100) because I can put some guitar effect.

Thank you Lynn, glad you enjoyed it

Hi Jason, thanks for your comments, I have a trade show in Houston during that week (I actually have a bunch of those to do this year). I wanted to do that song for a long time but could never do it until recently. Keep an eye on your sons :)

Thanks Bob, nothing prevent us to meet near where you are , Jay and Tom are in the area too,

Thank you Dennis, I also have a trade show in the same time as the Puget camp (in Hartford this time), so I cannot do either, a shame, I would have really like meeting with you again.

Thanks Al, glad you were STOMPING :)

Hi Craig, thanks for your comments, and you can actually see more of me now :)

Marc

willem

Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:21 am

Hi Marc,, I know about those tracks and customise them and create your own band,, I just wanted to know if you used the same.
thanks for the layout a bout the other things.

keep rockin.

Willem

cosmicmechanic

Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:55 am

Salut Marc,

Some songs stand a notch above the rest because they manage to combine a visceral rhythm with lyrics that are profound and maybe even life-changing.

... and this is NOT one of them ! :silly:

Real fun to see this effort, Marc !
You are getting pretty agile bouncing around on the guitar neck, and also with the technology that can help to make learning faster.
I remember you have mentioned that you felt that timing (rhythm?) was an issue for you. A case of being your own worst critic ?
You do great here (as usual). Are you feeling more confident about that aspect of playing these days?

This moving performance might actually inspire me to stop procrastinating about learning "Sharp-Dressed Man", by ZZ Top (another group of philosophers).

Hope to see you around !
Pierre

Lavallee

Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:04 pm

You bet Willem

Thanks Pierre

Thats quite alright, shallow songs have good rhythm as well :)
Yes, the more you raise the scale on the weakness, the better you get at it
I am looking forward to see your video wearing a zz top beard (dont forget the shades):)

See you soon I hope
Marc

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:33 am

That's what I like to see Marc, you rocking away again on a TG post!
Great fun and it was looking and sounding good!
Hope things are good on the road, my friend!

Chris

Lavallee

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:39 pm

Thanks Chris, I want to go back to regular playing, so you might have to suffer more videos.
Travel is OK, In France this week. Bordeaux is not Paris, but they have pretty pretty good wine.

Marc

michelew

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:59 pm

Marc,

Sorry it took me so long to get to this. I've started a new job and I'm not on TG much at the moment. Excuses aside, this was A LOT of FUN to watch and listen to. Great idea to play against the original. Your playing looks really efficient and sounds very COOOOOL!

Rockin'!

Shel

Lavallee

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Thank you Michelle for taking the time to respond. Playing against a backtrack is what I like most, I know it is not leaning toward becoming a creative guitarist, but I like to play the song I have been listening for years. Good luck with the new job, there is always time for guitar, if not today, then tomorrow.

Marc

MarkM

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:39 pm

Marc my foot was stomping the whole time!!!!! Great song and more importantly, great seeing you again. Too bad about the trade show. I took the plunge with the IGC and was hoping to see you. Thanks for sharing. That was just great!!!

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic