The Girl Who Murdered Love (acoustic home demo)

haoli25

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:59 pm

Well done, Peter. Great job and congratulations. I really like your song. Thanks for sharing.

Bill

sabathiel

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:23 pm

I decided to make a video of this recording (well, more like a slideshow) and post it on Youtube. I also just found out out that the songwriting contest this year that I entered this song into had Phil Collins (Genesis), Don Henley (The Eagles), Steven Tyler (Aerosmith), Gwen Stefani (No Doubt), Lenny Kravitz and Alicia Keys on the judges panel. Wow.....I couldn't imagine people like that listening to my song, judging it and liking it. I just finished the paper work they sent me to declare that I wrote the song myself and consent to the song being circulated amongst the various music labels, publishers, producers etc in the USA to see if there are anyone interested in some kind of publishing deal or commercial use. I was also advised to lodge a copyright claim with the United Stats copyright office online (there is a $35 fee) but I don't think I will do that because I doubt anything commercial will come out of this song. Plus copyright is automatic the moment any new song is composed it's just lodging a copyright claim with the relevant office means the song is officially listed as yours and will prevent future hassles if there is any dispute to ownership of the song. By the way I added bass lines to the Youtube video to spice up the acoustic version:

jayswett

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:03 am

I agree with avoiding the 35 dollar fee. Regarding the slideshow, I would only suggest adding more slides in order to avoid some of the more prolonged dark screens. Good luck with the contest.

sabathiel

Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:38 am

Here is the song I wrote last year that made it as finalist in the rock category in an online international songwriting contest. I paid US$120 for a studio and producer in Argentina to produce this track of mine with my vocals using music samples and real acoustic and electric guitars. I gave those guys in Argentina directions as to how I want the song to sound and gave them my acoustic home demo version track as well as allow them some artistic and creative inputs.

jayswett

Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:43 am

That was well done. You should be proud of that effort.

daryl

Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:50 am

Yep, well done indeed. Very impressive all around. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

sabathiel

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:01 pm

Got some feedback and dropped the auto tune from my lead vocals. Here is the final version with no auto tune. I think it is better:

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:30 am

Its fine without auto-tune. I like it, very original.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic