PLAY ME by Neil Diamond covered by Daryl & Chris

tombo1230

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:06 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Many thanks for listening in Willem, Tom, Al, Bob, Craig, Dean, Marc and Michele,
As for the sound quality.... hmmm. The wav file and the mp3 file I can play on my laptop is crystal clear but making an AVS movie and uploading to YT has seriously mangled the sound you are hearing here on my post. Its like I have uploaded through a pool of mud!
So I have decided to join soundcloud which I have seen others using (Pete just uploaded his The Woman Who Murdered Love there and I think Buddy uses it too. In future, I will upload sound tracks there and link here to have a much better sound. We didn't do a movie as its a lot of additional work which doesn't add to the sound we made, in fact, it detracts big time when these videos are mixed and uploaded to YT.
Yes Chris, Youtube compress the sound to save space. They effectively throw away the quality that you work hard to record. :(

Tom N.

NKenny

Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:40 pm

You two sound great together, very nice

Kenny

MarkM

Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:59 am

Another fine collaboration guys!!! I really enjoyed this. The two of you make a good team.

Chris I'd like to hear the difference after you load to soundcloud as I'm not familiar with that service.

Thanks for sharing guys.

MarkM

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:43 pm

Thanks for tuning in Kenny and Mark!

Tom, too true! In the old days HIFI was everything and now we will settle for mud in our ears as long as we can get it on YT! ;-)

here's the link to SoundCloud and the pure audio version:

familyman4

Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:49 am

Daryl & Chris,

Adding my appreciation for sharing this duo with us. You both did a wonderful job!

Bart

TGNesh

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:17 am

Fínally getting around to this, although I already heard it when you just posted it. What a wonderful job, both of you, vocals and guitar playing, just beautiful! Fits you both just perfectly! :)

Ness

(Oh I see I 'stole' Bart's comment, 'wonderful job', didn't read it when I wrote it down though ;) .)

neverfoundthetime

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:06 am

Many thanks for tuning in Bart and Vanessa, much appreciate the support! :)

khoffm

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:39 pm

You both sounded like professional musicians to me! Really beautiful!

neverfoundthetime

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:27 pm

khoffm wrote:
You both sounded like professional musicians to me! Really beautiful!
Many thanks for the complements and welcome to the forum. Daryl and I like to do these numbers to improve our skills and record a song best we can. That's one of the great things at TG, you can make music with someone from another part of the world that you haven't even met!

dekotaj

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:37 am

BRAVO!!! Guys

I really enjoyed the guitar work and the stellar vocals. I really dig these Collaborations. Great stuff from the both of you.
I to would like to have seen you two in action. I don't think we have had a collaboration with a picture back drop. Chris I see what you mean with soundcloud.THANKS for posting Guys. BRAVO!! to the next time.

Enjoyed!! Thanks Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic