Busking Rolling Stones - Hand Of Fate - MarkM

MarkM

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Hello all. Been a while since I've been lurking on the site. Busy busy..... However I did get a few new toys....... I've been locked up in my office when I have a few minutes to spare and had a chance to play this. Its very easy. Open G.

Hand of Fate came off of the Stones Black and Blue album in 1976. They were in transition between Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood. It's one of those lost albums but has some real gems in there.

As the song is pretty easy to play (at least Kieth's part) and it would be boring just hearing me so I put in the original track as well and mixed it down.

Thanks for watching.

MarkM

BobR

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Hi Mark,

A new Telecaster? That sounded really cool the way you mixed it. You seemed very comfortable playing.

Thanks for sharing a few of your spare minutes
Bob

Lavallee

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:48 pm

Hey Mark,
Very nice playing, good timing with the track. Ain't playing with a track fun or not? I noticed that you are recording on Reaper but you are not using headphones for the rest of the band track. Do you play it on your speakers?

Good looking Fender you got there

Good to see you again

I am travelling either above or below Georgia, one of theses days I'l knock at your door

Marc

totsyboy

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:28 pm

Nice work. I've enjoyed all of your uploads. You have a very clean, controlled, and effortless way of playing, both acoustic and now electric.

Craig

Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:09 pm

Very cool Mark! It looks like a lot of fun in store for you! Congrats on the new toy! Good job.

Craig

jayswett

Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:41 pm

That was fun to watch. Glad to see you acquired an electric.

Have you delved yet into the world of scales and lead playing? I had a look in January, but as usual, got sidetracked. Would like to get back to it, though.

AcousticAl

Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:41 am

Mark

Nice to see that tele in action!
suits you very well i'd say.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:44 am

Way cool and a lot of fun Mark! Good sound mix. NIce to play an electric, eh? :-)

MarkM

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:44 am

Bob - Thanks. Yup this one is a 1952 Hot Rod Tele reissue. It's got the SD humbucker for the neck pickup.

Marc - Thanks for watching. Yes I used Reaper. What I did was put the mic in front of the amp (new). At the same time I had the song playing on the stereo fairly loud so I could play along. Once I recorded that I then used a second track in Reaper where I loaded the original song track that I was playing along with. I then turned up the volume a bit on my "playing" track so the guitar was more pronounced thus you could hear me playing. I then rendered the audio track and loaded to my Sony Movie Studio app where I matched up the Reaper track with the video's audio track and then muted the video's audio track so that the Reaper track was what was heard....Whew that was a lot of explaining..... Yes it was a lot of fun. Had to pick an easy song just to see how it would all go. I'll try some Tumblin Dice next. Let me know when you are in my area..... It would be great to see you again.

totsyboy - Thanks for the kid words. I'm glad you liked it.

Craig - Thanks. Yeah I've been smiling ever since.

Jay - Thanks. I hope all is well in the great white north...... Yes I've been working on the scales and really just trying out different licks. It's so much easier on this than the acoustic. However once I've learned something on the electric its much easier to transition back to the acoustic.

Al- Thanks pal. I thought you would get a kick out of that.

Chris - Yes it is sir...... I had an old strat knock off that I got many years ago which is now in a state of disrepair. This tele is soooo much easier to play.....

MarkM

willem

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:35 am

Well you put Jagger a bit in the background but thats nice..what a cool guitar Mark

What do you like a bout playing an electric? its nice!!! don't get me wrong..

Glad you're a Stones fan..keep them coming!! they are in Holland this year..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic