Busking Peter Gabriel

kelemenj

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:24 pm

So I have been in kind of a slump for the past few months. Musically . Anyway I just resigned up for Target and recorded this afternoon. This is Neil's bitchin' arrangement of Solsbury Hill

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Music Junkie

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:23 pm

J:

It's good to see you again. That was a fun one to watch and listen too. Sorry to hear about the slump, but glad to hear that your still around. I had a great time hanging out and playing last year at camp. Hopefully we can do it again some day!

Take care and rock on.

Jason

neverfoundthetime

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:14 am

Wow! That was magnificent! You really carried the song through at a driving pace and very steady playing right to the end without a hitch or the slightest hesitation. Playing this pretty much near perfect and singing it so well is quite a feat and you get great expression into it too. Really, really great job on a fabulous song an lesson. Great to see another post from you!

If that isn't the best possible way to haul yourself out of a slump, I don't know what is.
Chris

kelemenj

Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:27 am

Jason - Thank you! IGC was a great time. I would love to go again.

Chris - Thank you so much. I really appreciate your comments.

John

jayswett

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:28 pm

I find that song challenging with respect to the guitar portion alone, yet you pulled it off while singing as well. Great job.

BigBear

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:35 pm

John- you continue to amaze. I sure wish you were coming back to the IGC this year. You contributed so much with with your great singing and playing. It was a blast playing with you! Are there any songs you don't know?

Well my friend, you knocked another one out of the park. Great job on a really tough tune. Playing it is a challenge and then to sing it takes real talent. I always enjoy your videos.

All the best!

Rick

kelemenj

Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:00 am

Jay - Thank You

Rick - It was a really good time hanging out with you at IGC. I really enjoyed myself and I would like to get back this year.
This particular tune was a little awkward for me. Getting the vocal along with the fingerpicking was most of my challenge. It was a song that has been on the back burner for quite a while. I would work on it a little and then put it aside for weeks, sometimes months. Anyway thanks for the kind words and the good vibes.
John

BobR

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:27 am

Hi John,

I always enjoy your videos and this is no exception. Very nice !!

Bob

Craig

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:51 am

Wow John! Quite an accomplishment getting that song down. Congratulations! Great job, I really enjoyed that...

Keep up the great work!

Craig

MarkM

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:09 am

John,

Wow. I wish I could come out of a slump like that!!! Great job man. I haven't given this song a real try yet however with your inspiration I may just have to look at this once again. Thanks for sharing!!! Fantastic.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic